Internet Explorer NOT default browser

On my old computer, with DOpus, on every reboot and on first attempt to use IE, I got the box saying IE wasn't my default browser. I never could figure it out. It only did it on a reboot and I reboot rarely.

Now, new computer, been running for weeks. NO messages about IE not being default browser. No DOpus yet. Tonight, install DOpus. On first reboot after install, I get the message IE is not my default browser. Somehow this makes me think it's DOpus!!

I searched here, I looked in settings 'til I'm blue in the face. This is IE7, Tools/Internet Options/Programs says IE is the default browser and to check every time.

What is causing this? I really don't want to uninstall DOpus to prove to myself it just happened. This is a new XP install and I've been getting everything installed and setup for a week, so I'm pretty aware of what it's doing!!

Thanks in advance for the help. Great program and great help here.

Guess you missed this in your search: :slight_smile:

FAQ: Internet Explorer no longer the default browser

(To be fair, it's easy to miss that there's a second page of FAQs if your browsing them. Surprised it didn't come up in a search though.)

Surprising how often searches apparently find nothing :slight_smile:

Surprising how often searches apparently find nothing :slight_smile:[/quote]

I tried Internet Explorer, IE, default browser, other stuff, but I guess I was looking in the support topic and should have left it wide open. Silly me.

The bad part of this is I've had to live with being this stoopid for 60 years. Man..........it has been a STRUGGLE.

Thanks for the quick help, though.