Keyboard shortcut that advance to next file after selecting

I have searched but really couldn't find cuz search results are above 500...Anyway as the topic says i want to use INSERT key to select any file and then it automatically advance to next file.But how?

The command is Select NEXT

well i couldn't find select Next or maybe i am missing somewhere..plz see the attachment

It's not one of the preset commands. Just type it in, or click on Advanced and use the menus that appear to build it.

See the Toolbars 1 video tutorial for more.

with select next it advance to next file without selecting :\

Strange. Does that happen for anyone else reading?

i always get the answers here why not now? :frowning:
Any other way ?even tried changing hotkey still no success.Attaching the pic in case doin anything wrong

Looks right to me. I tried the same thing and it works here. There must be a reason why it doesn't work for you but I can't think of anything.

I get the same thing here.

EDIT: Perhaps I should clarify, the selection cursor moves to the next file, which is in-fact selected. But the selected file I started on is no longer selected.

As I understand the help file, this is the correct behavior of the command.

okay if its the correct behavior of command how come with same things are fine with Leo ..anyway then which command solves my problem ..keyboard shortcut that advance to next file after selecting?

I think I misunderstood what you are trying to do.

You want to select the current file, then move the cursor to the next file without selecting it?

AFAIK there's no command to do that. You have to use Ctrl-Space to select the current file (or Space if you want to select it while deselecting all other files) and then Ctrl-Up/Down to move the cursor to the next file.

Yes thats exactly i want to do ,as earlier i have used Frigate and in that it has this feature that when u select particular file curser moves to next file automatically.

As this is great feature esp when one is trying to sort mp3.as One can listen it with quick view and if dont want to select use arrow keys ,if want to select one uses Insert or Space ..which select the file as advance to next file.

Now i understand too what this thread is about..But why didn't you give an example right away. The feature you're talking about is actually very handy now you gave an example of how to use it.

I'm not sure how close the mark this will be for your purposes, but look in the Help and read about CheckBox Mode. I don't use it much, but it might be more useful for what you are working on.

thx kenalcock i will try it

I tried it in checbox mode like kenneth said and indeed for this purpose the checkboxmode is adequate . Checkboxmode works in details viewmode. :smiley:

yes i also tried it and its very good .Thank u so much :slight_smile: