Label Assignments Setup

Hello! I have several questions regarding label assignments.

1. How do I setup for a label assignment for an empty folder? It's easy to set up for empty files but for empty folders, I'm a bit stuck. I have already setup an Type so that it strictly applies to folders only but for size, I'm not sure.
  2. For the Time filter, what is the unit for it? Seems to be hours. Is there a way for minutes?
  3. For the Date filter, is there a way for it to strictly apply it to the day you're on? Basically if I chose "Within 1 day", as long as the date is within 24 hours, it's applied. What I want: A file is created at 1:00 is labeled but a file that is created the previous night at 23:00 (2 hour difference between them) is not labeled.
  4. Is there a way to exclude the labeling assignments from "Computer"?

[quote="Enternal"]Hello! I have several questions regarding label assignments.

1. How do I setup for a label assignment for an empty folder?[/quote]

Following should work, just set up a label filter like this:

Type = Folder
AND Size = is exactly 0 Bytes

Yes, there is. If you use "time" instead of "date", you will have units in seconds, minutes & hours.

No answers to all of your question, but may this still helps a bit.

1. My empty folder label filter

2. Within 1h label filter (I do not use this anymore, using "Modified-Within" script columns)

[quote="tbone"]3) Within 1h label filter (I do not use this anymore, using "Modified-Within" script columns)
modified1h.png[/quote]

I'd removed the Accessed timestamp check. The Accessed timestamp is not very meaningful, and the "And Or And" without brackets/subclauses looks wrong.

Now that you say it! It kinda worked for some time at least, or I may have tested something with that filter in the meantime, can't remember. I guess it still helps to setup things like that, but yes - it seems faulty! o)

@Enternal
As mentioned, the ModifiedWithin column set is what I use now. Find it here:
[Column: ModifiedWithin (alternative to 'modified'-labels))

@ abr
That is exactly what I tried but failed before coming here haha. tbone's suggestions though is exactly what I was looking for since with the "Subfolder No Match". Thanks tbone!. I was trying to find a way to labeled empty directories that had "0 bytes" as well as those that are "empty" in the Size column.

For 2, oh so you can actually added the units in? So "Within" + "10 minutes"? But is the units shorthanded? Aaahhh! I just realized there was a scroll bar on the bottom. I scrolled over and saw the unit column! How stupid is that!! :blush: All day yesterday I was wondering why there isn't a unit specification. A number without a unit is useless. Well, there is one! Hahaha!

For 3, Thanks tbone but not quite what I was looking for. I wanted to label the files within the same day. So basically if it's Friday the 13th, it only labels the file that is created on that day. So I'm going to look at your ModifiedWithin column script since that seems exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you guys!

@leo
How about the 4th question? Guess it's not yet possible to ignore "My Computer"?

You can add path clauses to the filter. In Opus 12 you can also make filters part of different folder formats if you want them in some folders and not others, or if you want to override them in some folders.

Eh. I was kind of hoping you at least give me a bit of a guide at least for some of them. Because "override them in some folders" them is not very apparent.

Anyway, this is what I did for "override them in some folders":
I made a new Label called "Default" with the default colors (all transparent) but added a Status icon (can be anything. I chose the DOpus icon) because otherwise it would not work. Discovered this by accident. If I did not add a Status icon, the labels from items such as "Modified Today" would still be applied.

I then edited "My Computer" folder options. Made a wildcard label assignment for all files and folders and set the label to "Default" label that I had just made. Finally, check "Stop on match". I'm not sure what this is but I also accidentally found out that this needs to be checked so that all labeling assignments in "My Computer" is ignored.

Before and after:

Looks like you worked it out. That's the kind of thing I had in mind.

I'm flat-out working towards a deadline, so it was either a quick reply or no reply at all for a day or two, and I wasn't yet sure if you were looking for a solution for Opus 11 or 12.