Need to manually save custom toolbars and preferences

Greetings,

I was hacked recently, they got me good - even got $1350 from my bank. My laptop and desktop got hit, and both of them had Dir Opus 11.17 installed. The hack job put viruses in several of my programs on both computers, and Dopus was one of the victims.
I've tried to clean up my data with the help of an anti-hacker team, now I'm about to format drive and reinstall Windows 10.

Since I can't Run Dopus, I can't use the normal tools to save my prefs. Can somebody tell me the names of the files and where they are normally located?

I made changes to Folder Formats, file types, and some other formatting changes - plus others that I can't recall. I also did major
customization on toolbars.

At first I thought maybe I should post this in the 'Toolbar' forum section, but this is more than toolbars. Can anyone give me a hand?
Even if I have to take my entire preference file(s), I'm fine with that. And if you guys could give me a hand and maybe remind me of some other files I might need to copy I'd appreciate that.

I appreciate any help ASAP. I have to get at least ONE PC up and running within a day or two.

ckbeme

The main config you'd want to keep is normally under here:

C:\Users\<Your Name>\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus

If you copy that to the new machine, then install Opus & your registration details over the top, your Opus setup should be back to how it was.

There are some other folders as well, but they're less important (e.g. details like how big the Prefs dialog was last time you opened it).

These guides have more detail if you need it:

How to backup or locate your Opus configuration (Simple) (Locating the config files by hand section)

There is also How to backup or locate your Opus configuration (Advanced) which explains what all the different folders do in detail.

Thanks Leo,
I kinda thought that was going to have all that I needed, but I couldn't see anything about Folder Formats in those sub-dirs. But, I'm hurrying and ya know what they say.....

I appreciate your hasty answer. Now I get to format. I might have a working PC tomorrow - minus several programs.

There should be a Formats directory under the main config folder.

Best of luck with the PC repair!

Yep, sure enuf. And I looked at that once and as I said, was in a hurry... Now I see the Folders plain as day.
Thanks for the Good luck wishes. I just got Windows installed and a browser and A/V security installed on Desktop. Not even functional.
And I still have to do it all again on my laptop. Geez, I've always thought how horrible it would be to get hacked..... but honestly you can't imagine until it happens to you. And I'm a middle age woman that doesn't visit dangerous web sites. I think it kinda sucks that it happened to me. :unamused: