Not being brought to foreground when opening external folder

Hi folks.

I have the April 29th build of Opus 9.

I've configured the program to replace Explorer and to open all external folders in a new tab. This functionality works perfectly, except that Opus is not brought to the foreground afterwards.

It means I have to double-click the folder I want to view, then either select Opus's taskbar entry or double-click somewhere on the desktop (which does bring the application to the foreground).

I have no other issues with my install. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

I think DO doesn't get activated only if it was minimized before dblclicking external folder. It may be by design, but I find it very annoying.

So, being it by design or a bug, I'd like DO to get activated and brought to foreground if I open external folder and it was already minimized.
(I have the option to open in new tab of course)

TIA,
TheTruth

Yeah I noticed this as well. I turned on the feature to open all new windows in tabs but double clicking a folder on the desktop for instance doesn't make it popup. You have to double click and then open (maximise) opus. If possible I would prefer it to open opus and bring it to the front.

I'd like to get a clear picture of what's going on.

Does this only happen if you (a) turn on the new "open folders in new tabs" feautre and (b) have minimized the lister that ends up getting the new tab?

[quote="nudel"]I'd like to get a clear picture of what's going on.

Does this only happen if you (a) turn on the new "open folders in new tabs" feautre and (b) have minimized the lister that ends up getting the new tab?[/quote]
Yes. The configuration you describe means that double-clicking to open external folders -- for example, those on the desktop or within an Explorer window -- causes them to display in a DOpus tab instead.[ol][li]If DOpus is minimised it is not restored. This is the bug.[/li]
[li]If DOpus is restored, but is behind another window, it is correctly brought to the foreground.[/li][/ol]To cut a long story short, the problem would be easily solved by simply restoring DOpus if it is in its minimised state when the new tab is opened.

This is fixed in Opus 9.0.0.1:[ul][li]...[/li]
[li] In Explorer Replacement mode, the 'Open folders in existing tab' option now causes a minimized Lister to be restored when the new tab opens[/li]
[li]...[/li][/ul]Full list of changes here: [Directory Opus 9.0.0.1)

Anyway to get a fix for zip files? Double clicking a zip file on the desktop for instance opens the zip file in the minimised lister but does not restore it.

I can confirm the .zip failure.

DC on a desktop folder will open up my minimized DO lister and have a new tab for the folder. But DC on a .zip file on the desktop does not restore the minimized lister.

This is fixed in 9.0.0.2 :smiley: