Open only one lister!

hi,

i would like to know how if is possible to make directory opus opening only one lister when lauching from desktop or taskbar icon. When i lauch directory opus "again" i would like the open lister to show instead of opening a new one.

I believe the option is "bring last lister to the front". i try to set this option for both desktop and taskbar icon, but it still opens a new lister. Is this a bug?

my version is 9.0.0.9. thank you for your help.

See "Always re-use a single window instead of opening new windows" in the FAQ section.

[url]Always re-use a single window instead of opening new windows]

I have done already what is suggested in the FAQ but I am still getting another lister. I think this might be a bug. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate.

thanks in advance...

[quote="afortes"]I have done already what is suggested in the FAQ but I am still getting another lister. I think this might be a bug. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate.

thanks in advance...[/quote]

Regarding the taskbar icon, are you double clicking the icon or right clicking the icon and then selecting Open New Lister?

I find that if I right click and select Open New Lister, I always get a new window. If I double click, sometimes the existing lister is brought to the front, but sometimes a new window is opened.

These are not actions that I normally perform. I've just been experimenting because of this thread and have not been able to determine any particular circumstances in which double clicking the taskbar icon brings the existing lister to the front as opposed to opening a new lister.

Maybe it depends on what folders are opened in the current lister that affects if it is re-used or a new window is opened??? Can anyone reliably reproduce and identify the trigger? OS versions?

I don't think so. I think most of my tests were done with My Computer displayed in the only existing lister, but I can't reproduce the problem right now to prove it.