Opus is Unresponsive (Hangs) when Copying

Hello,

When I use Opus 10 to copy via any method and to any location that requires the built-in Windows OS copy handler to proceed (e.g. drag and drop directly to the desktop), I notice that Opus is unresponsive until the copy completes. It's quite obvious when copying larger files.

I can reproduce this on Vista and Windows 7.

I suppose for the case of the desktop, I could work around the issue by dropping to a Desktop shortcut within opus (so that Opus' file handler is used) but that just seems like it's ignoring the issue. Plus, it won't work when using special virtual folders that aren't part of the file system, per se, but that Windows Explorer treats as such.

Has this been discussed at all? I presume it's a known issue, but when I searched the forum, I didn't find mention of it.

Thank you.

could it be that you have a real-time anti-virus or anti-malware program running?

Dis you check this FAQ? For the vast majority of users it seems
to work well, so it might be a specific problem on your machine
(for example real time AV access, like soja suggested).

[url]Crash, exit or high CPU when viewing certain directories]

I've reproduced this, copying from Opus to the Windows desktop.

(Surprised I haven't noticed it, and nobody has mentioned it, before now; I guess copying big files to the Desktop isn't done very often by people.)

I'll look into it more once I'm done with the current stuff I'm working on.

[quote="leo"]I've reproduced this, copying from Opus to the Windows desktop.

(Surprised I haven't noticed it, and nobody has mentioned it, before now; I guess copying big files to the Desktop isn't done very often by people.)

I'll look into it more once I'm done with the current stuff I'm working on.[/quote]

i can confirm this 'bug'.
i've noticed it before, but forgot about it.

Just for you to know that not all have this problem: Working here (copy to Desktop).

another related issue perhaps:
after opening the Properties window of a file or folder, i noticed it can take over 30 seconds for the Properties window to close after trying to close the window.

Does that happen if you simple open the Properties window and immediately cancel it? Or are you doing more with the window?

Does it happen if you do the same thing in Explorer?

Does it happen for all file types or just a particular one?

Any special tabs in the Properties window?

Leo,

i can't seem to be able to reproduce hte problem atm.

sorry to have wasted your time, but i'll keep you posted.