"Play All" audio functionality is missing

In Windows Explorer, if I am in a folder containing music, I can hit "play" or "play all" and the files will be (properly) queued in a music player. I can not find similar functionality in DOpus - have I overlooked something?
Thanks and regards,
Dominik

Opus doesn't have the same Play All button, although you could make one if you want:

Select grp:music DESELECTNOMATCH FileType ACTION=dblclk

Most music players can also be added to the right-click menu for folders.

(I tend to use playlist .m3u files myself, FWIW.)

[quote="leo"]Opus doesn't have the same Play All button, although you could make one if you want:

Select grp:music DESELECTNOMATCH FileType ACTION=dblclk

Most music players can also be added to the right-click menu for folders.
[/quote]

Will this preserve the order in which the audio files are displayed? I find the "PlayAll" button in Explorer very handy.

Thanks
Dominik

It seems to, from a quick test (and using Foobar2000 as the audio player).

Here is my Play all button which I use with Winamp (it's more primitive than leo's but it works flawlessly for me):

@filesonly @useactivelister Select *.(mp3||ogg||wma||aac||m4a||mp4||flac||wav||mod||xm||x3m||mid||sid) ContextMenu Open

Also Opus can extract icons directly from winamp.exe, I use its nice white "play" icon for my Play all button.

Would be nice to have such a button per default as in Explorer, I am a little left handed configuring stuff... I believe its quite a fundamental feature that would come before "open terminal here" for a lot of users.

Thanks
D.

I think this is literally the first time anyone has mentioned it, so if it is fundamental to lots of people then they've been very quiet. :slight_smile:

How to add buttons from this forum to your toolbars walks through the steps on adding the command to your toolbar. You only need the first part ("Raw commands") and can ignore all the others.

Have you tried either of the methods suggested here and found them not to work to your satisfaction?

If not, then go ahead and try... You can always ask for more help if you need more (or as it were - less :slight_smile: ) than what is provided in the how-to link Leo gave you. Any amount of "left handedness" on your part can be overcome with a bit of care and help :slight_smile:, and once you're done - you're done. You won't have to configure it again and battle it out with your left hand...

please, i am trying to make a "play all" button but these codes seems not to work,
i am doing :
customize + click on a space on the toolbar = paste is grayed, or absent

when i take the code found on the page " how to add a button from this forum to D-opus" i can paste with this code
but not with the codes on this page

i would really like to have a "play all" button, what do i do?
thank you

Follow the "Raw commands" part of the guide.

It sounds like you are trying to follow the "XML button definitions" part which isn't applicable to anything from this thread.

thank you
the process seems to work but the button is not working
i paste the code in the edit "advanced" space

can someone help me please
i don't understand what means to follow the "XML button definitions" part wich is in the link for the "guide" [How to use buttons and scripts from this forum) <-------this guide? because i follow it and there is no XML CODE

please, a clear step by step of how to ad this little PLAY ALL BUTTON

is it very hard or long to make? because i have a lot of difficulties and i want this function very much
i beg someone to please help me step by step please

There are a few different ways to share button codes and XML is just one of them. It is not the one used in this post.

The guide has step by step instructions for the type of commands in this post, in the "Raw Commands" section which I mentioned. It is the first section in the guide.

There's no need to worry about XML. Follow the steps in the Raw Commands part of the guide instead.

You'll also get more help if you link your account. (See my signature for details.)