Previous...It's driving me insane!

Hi, trying Dopus out and it's fantastic...Loved it on the Amiga, love it more on the PC BUT.........

All I'm trying to do is set up a default lister that uses The Commander view to show both windows as LIST views with files sorted by NAME. Now I've created some favourites as shortcut drive button so I can go to these dirs easily.

Whats happening is that I seem to set up the lister as I like it, right click on the Comander tab and UPDATE. I do this in both sides of the view just in case and then exit the lister.

If I doubleclick on the desktop a new lister opens and for a second it shows my saved idea and then suddenly it goes to the PREIOUS tab and its all back to the old way.

If I then click on the Commander tab it half corrects the problem by showing stuff in a LIST style but MP3 files are then show as sorted by TRACK rather than name.

Also if I then click on one of my favourite drive buttons to jump to a directory then it shows files in DETAIL mode??

Please help, it's driving me insane...I've gone into Prefs/layout and manually set the Commander view to show as LIST on both panels but it's made no odds.

Could someone please help me unscramble this mess I've made...Pretty please

:laughing:

Styles only get applied once when you click on them (or load a lister that has them defined). When you change directories the Folder Formats system will come into play and may change to another format.

To get an understanding of the folder formats system and also setup a default format/view mode that will be used for all folders, have a read through the Folder Formats FAQ.

[quote="nudel"]Styles only get applied once when you click on them (or load a lister that has them defined). When you change directories the Folder Formats system will come into play and may change to another format.

To get an understanding of the folder formats system and also setup a default format/view mode that will be used for all folders, have a read through the Folder Formats FAQ.[/quote]

Goddamit Nudel...You FAQ'ed me :laughing:

And as always the answers were right there...

Cheers for that, much appreciated!

How many times have I seen this!

Am a little busy right now, but will return soon in response to inconsistent behavior.

Not to be offending, but trying to alter a possible change in Opus, to become the ultimate file explorer for me.