Remote Logon and copied file timestamp problems

We have DOpus8 installed on the company file server and I use remote logon on my laptop using Windows XP to access the company file server. During the remote logon I make my local disk drives available to the server. When I log on to the server I start DOpus on the server and the local disk drives on my laptop are available and show up as drives on a client computer (my laptop). When I copy files from the server to the client all of the datestamps get changed to the current date and time. I have checked the default settings in the Settings-File Preferences options and it is set to "preserve timestamp'. I have DOpus8 istalled on my laptop and have checked the settings there too. I would like the files that I copy to be identical to the timestamps on the server so that my directory structure is identical to the server', including the timestamp. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Does it work if you manually change dates on files in the destination directory using File->File Commands->Set Attributes?

Are you using Microsoft's Remote Desktop (Terminal Server / MSTSC.exe) to create the connection and the drive mappings, or is it something different?

With regard to your question: Are you using Microsoft's Remote Desktop (Terminal Server / MSTSC.exe) to create the connection and the drive mappings; Yes.

When I am logged on to the server through remote logon and using DOPUS8 on the server, I am not able to manually change the dates on the downloaded files in the destination directory using File->File Commands->Set Attributes, but I can change the dates when I access the downloaded files through DOPUS8 running on the remote computer.

Try running the attached touch program to set the Modified time on a file via the \tsclient share.

It's a command-line program so you'll need to open a Command Prompt on the machine you are Remote Desktop'd into and then run something like:

touch "\tsclient<rest of the path to the file>"

You can get the correct file path using Opus by selecting a file and using Edit->Copy Filenames->As Full Pathnames

The command will try to set the Modified stamp on the file to the current date and time.

Is this touch command able to successfully change the Modified time on the same destination files that Opus had problems with? If not then there's a file permissions problem in the destination directory.
touch.zip (21.6 KB)

I was able to successfully execute the touch.exe program but it had no effect on the destination file date and time. Curiously, I am able to copy a file from the client to the server and have the file retain the original created date as desired but not the other way around. What is required to address the possible file permissions preoblem in the destination directory?

It's hard to say exactly without seeing the current permissions on the directory.

The good news is it's a general Windows problem, not an Opus problem, but the bad news is that the file permissions dialogs in Windows are so badly designed that it can be quite a pain to diagnose a problem and then explain how to fix it without being sat at the machine. :frowning: If you know anyone who is an expert on Windows file permissions it might be best to grab their ear. If you don't then I'll try to help.