Replace %20 button crashes DOpus

It is a pity I didn't twig the real cause earlier, but then again we might not have found these other wrinkles.

When I tried you button it worked fine but threw up a confirmation dialogue. I wasn't sure if this was the idea, it was easy enough just to hit return. Maybe that is one of the wrinkles you detected.

I'm afraid I now find that the original button is bust. It threw up the window that you, I think, found when trying something else.

But I have yet to reboot, which sometimes resets things like that.

Maybe something will come out of this after all.

Now, all I have to do is to work out how to have a button that does "Initial caps".

Now that we know what actually caused the crash... forget my button - use Leo's suggestion - which should just plain work for you without the dialog:

@NoDeselect Rename PATTERN="%%20" TO=" " FINDREP

Not sure what you mean by "Initial Caps"... new thread time :slight_smile:!!!

Duh. I forgot that %% wrinkle.

Works now.

Of course, none of this explains why I can out this function on a toolbar button without everything blowing up in my face.

Let's case off the crash (blowing up in your face) as a totally separate issue as the rename command not working the same between toolbar and context menu (which I'd say is only teasing or "laughing" in your face as opposed to blowing up :slight_smile:)...

The rename command not working the same between buttons is probably an issue that GPSoft can look at - though I'd say it's a lower priority since double "%" chars can be used to escape the chars and make it behave as intended - in both context menu AND toolbar (for consitency).