Request: Favorite Feature

Request: Favorite Feature

Well extension for the favorites would be a storage in pairs of 2 listing paths.

best regards
DS

Favorites are already stored in a fairly simple XML file, if your aim is to be able to read/write them from another program or script.

Type this into the path field and Opus will take you to the file:

/dopusdata\ConfigFiles\favorites.ofv

Ok Ok , my request description was to short...

I mean, a dopus favorite object (in this case a xml element) contains 2 pathes of different dir targets. On click the favorite entry on dopus, the command view shows on the left list target 1 and on the right list target 2.

sample:

my_path_1
my_path_2

abstract:
In the fav_click event in dopus:
if (view == command) {
leftlist.path=my_path_1;
rightlist.path=my_path_2;
}

I hope this was detailed enough...

best regards
DS

Ah, I understand.

You can make menu items (and toolbar buttons and hotkeys) which do this. They won't be part of the real Favorites list but you could put them on your menus so that they are next to them.

For example:

Go "C:\" DUALPATH "F:\"

If that isn't good enough and you still want to be able to do it as part of the Favorites system then you should drop GPSoftware a feature request.

Or you can do it like this as well & drag the button into the favorites or just leave it on a toolbar

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>C &amp; E Vert</label> <tip>C &amp; E Vert</tip> <icon1>#default:navlock</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Go C:/ OPENINLEFT </instruction> <instruction>Go E:/ OPENINRIGHT=vert </instruction> </function> </button>

What do you mean 'drag the button into favorites'? I confess I don't use the favorites system, but I enabled the favorites item in the folder tree and you can't drag a 'button' into it by any means I can find...

Check here step 4

[url]How to use buttons and scripts from this forum]

I mean on the is the favorites on the toolbar not in the folder tree

Ah, now I understand you... but that's just moving the button to a different part of the toolbar, and not the same as the adding the paths to Opus actual 'Favorites' system.

I create Layouts for this purpose. It's not the same, but simmilar.

This is my Button :slight_smile: Sorry, Labels are in German, But you could make the button in your language just type "layout" in the customizing filter.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="icon" textcol="none" type="menu_button">
	<label>Gespeicherte Layouts</label>
	<tip>Ausklappliste, die eine Liste Ihrer gespeicherten Listerlayouts anzeigt und auch den Layout-Bereich der Voreinstellungen aufrufen kann.</tip>
	<icon1>#savedlayoutsedit</icon1>
	<function type="normal">
		<instruction>Prefs LAYOUTEDIT</instruction>
	</function>
	<button backcol="none" display="label" separate="yes" textcol="none">
		<label>Prefs LAYOUTLIST</label>
		<function type="normal">
			<instruction>Prefs LAYOUTLIST</instruction>
		</function>
	</button>
	<button backcol="none" display="label" textcol="none">
		<label>Layouts &amp;bearbeiten...</label>