Search everything

So I recently found out that Everything Search Engine (from voidtools) was being developed again after a couple of years break. I've updated to the latest beta version (1.3.3.658b) and I have a couple of questions regarding integration with DOpus.

Firstly, I have a shortcut key to open Everything and to pass the selected file/folder to Everything. This works fine if a file/folder is selected, however if nothing is selected, than Everything pops up the help box. Is there a way for DOpus to pass the source/active folder when no file/folder is selected? The current command for the shortcut key is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Everything\Everything.exe" -s {file} The '-s' option is to "Set the search" without it, Everything tries to open a file list.
I tried adding {sourcepath} after {file} but this causes issues when a file/folder is selected.

Secondly, Everything has an option to add its own protocol handler (es:) to Windows. I was wondering if it is possible to get it to work in the DOpus Location bar. If I use the run box (Win+R) I can type "es:statements" and only the word "statements" is passed to Everything. This can't be done in DOpus and // must be used and this gives incorrect result e.g. "es://statements" gives "//statements/". Everything has a command line option to deal with URLs and in the registry, it shows up as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Everything\Everything.exe" -url "%1"
Admittedly some of this has more to do with Everything's behaviour rather than DOpus' but if there's a possible fix I would love the help :slight_smile:.

Does using {sourcepath}{file} instead of {file} on its own give you want you want for the first question?

(That will pass the full path to Everything, like {filepath} would, if a file is selected, and the full current path if nothing is selected. I'm not sure if that's what you want.)

Thank you, leo. That is kind of what I'm after. It works fine but because it gives the source path, Everything will only search that directory when a file is selected, not the whole computer.

May want to look here. It might be of use.

Thanks Chuck, unfortunately, that doesn't really suit what I want.

On another note, how does DOpus handle external parameters? Is it possible to define more than one? I'm can define one parameter to pass through to a user-defined command but I'm not sure how to do two parameters. For example, in Everything, there is an option to open the file path. The command I have for this is $exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Z-ExploreFile FILENAME="%1"
The Z-ExploreFile user command is Go LASTACTIVELISTER NEW Go NEWTAB=findexisting PATH="&filename&" SELECT PATTERN="&filename&"
Now with Everything, the path and file name can be split up so I was hoping to change the command to $exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Z-ExploreFile FILENAME="$pathpart(%1)" FILE="$namepart(%1)) and Z-ExploreFile to Go LASTACTIVELISTER NEW Go NEWTAB=findexisting PATH="&filename&" SELECT PATTERN="&file&"
Thanks for the help!

Following up on my last post, I can use the following code to get Everything to select files when opening the file path with Everything $exec("E:\DOpus\hstart" /NOCONSOLE ""E:\DOpus\x86\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go LASTACTIVELISTER" ""E:\DOpus\x86\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go "$parent(%1)" NEWTAB=deflister,findexisting" ""E:\DOpus\x86\dopusrt.exe" /acmd SELECT PATTERN="$namepart(%1)" DESELECTNOMATCH")This code will use Hidden Start (hstart) to run and it behaves rather inconsistently.
Sometimes the file will be selected when a new tab is opened and other times it won't be selected. If the tab is already open, the file is always selected.

I'd be interested to know if there is a way to fix this inconsistent behavior and also if its possible to select the file using a user-defined command as discussed in the previous post.

Downloads are shown on: voidtools.com Is there a new forum site for voidtools?

Guess you already found it by searching on forum voidtools?
forum.voidtools.com