SendMail Setup with Gmail via Stunnel

Anyone get this SSL wrapper to make gmail work with Dopus?

I'm trying and having a HARD time.

I've used Stunnel in the past (to route secure email through an anti-spam program which didn't understand SSL) but not recently. I might be able to help with concepts ("what do I connect to where?") but probably not with details.

I want to use Opus email functions to transmit emails w/ attachments via Gmail. Scince Opus does not have SSL/TLS support as yet I want to set up stunnel to intercept Opus email transmission and wrap it with SSL/TLS so I can AutoSend files via opus to Gmail.

Basically achieving the concept of this Blat tutorial But using Dopus instead of Blat.

lifehacker.com/software/top/geek ... 168156.php

The way it works (or worked when I used it) is that you create different instances of Stunnel which create a local port which is forwarded to a remote address and port.

So if you connect to blah.gmail.com on port 100 you'd create a stunnel that connects to that and that also creates a local port, say 6000. (I'm making up these port numbers, they may not be sensible.)

Then you connect Opus (or whatever) to localhost:6000 and Opus thinks it's talking to an unencrypted service but all of the data is really being proxied via stunnel to the encrypted gmail (or whatever) service at blah.gmail.com:100

I got it to Work!!!

My Stunnel Config File follows:

client = yes
debug = debug

[smtps]
accept = 127.0.0.1:25
connect = smtp.gmail.com:465

Tell Opus in internet settings to use as SMTP Server as LocalHost:25 with all other settings intact and that's it.

Gmail Access Via Opus has been Conquered. Thankyou for your help Nudel you pointed me in the right direction of this cryptic problem.

Final question how do you populate the opus email field with contacts?

This FAQ might help with the contacts list:
[Drop-down list of addresses in Opus email client)

Thanks again Nudel, the project is completed and fully implemented.

Gmail and Opus now converse via Stunnel. w contacts list via WAB