Settings changed when launched from another program

Opus is installed on F:
There are 2x dopusrt.exe
F:\Directory Opus
F:\Directory Opus\x86

Installed version is x64.

Within Everything (voidtools) - Options, the 'Open Folders' is launched like this
$exec("F:\Directory Opus\x86\DOpusrt.exe" /acmd Go NEWTAB=tofront PATH "%1")
or, alternatively (makes no difference)
$exec("F:\Directory Opus\DOpusrt.exe" /acmd Go NEWTAB=tofront PATH "%1")

1. when Opus has nót yet been launched and running first, then the lister settings are changed, viz. created column is additionally showing up

2. when Opus has already been launched/running, then 'my' preferred settings are kept.

Any suggestions as to how to solve this?

Thanks!

The first is incorrect. Don't run anything in the x86 folder.

Regretfully the same results with the 2nd one )F:\Directory Opus\DOpusrt.exe)

=

Where does Opus say the folder format is coming from in each case?

Eh ... ?

You mean this... ?
As you may remember, folder formats, have always been a kind of 'slippery road' for me.
(read: once things are working fine, I tend to stay away of them.. :wink: )

=

You've got the format lock on again. You probably don't want that to be turned on. It is probably what is causing your problems.

If you just want to have all your folders using the same columns etc. then Folder Formats: Quick Guide has everything you need (including a step about turning off the format lock).

If you want something more complex than that, Folder Formats: Detailed Guide explains everything in great detail. Part 6: Finding where the current Folder Format come from covers what I talked about in my previous reply.

Waow...
I think it worked, finally, using the Quick Guide, many thanks.
In styles I have set 'format lock' -> off.

I was puzzled that after closing (even also after File Exit) when launching Opus again, the padlock was showed 'closed'.
Went over the settings again and again, nothing wrong as far as I could see.

Then I changed from Explorer tab to some other tab and noticed the padlock was open, went back to Explorer tab
and now the padlock was open, i.e. at first launch of Opus the padlock shows closed.
The moment I switch between tabs, it is open.

Launching from Everything now indeed maintains the layout, thanks...

Oh, small tip, the Quick Guide, maybe you wish to add under 1. as an alternative:
Rightclick a column header, select More...
(I have changed my menu/toolbars, no Folder-Folder Options anymore)

=

You can change the menu you're talking about as well.

Once you start moving/removing the default menus, you're on your own as far finding the menu items instructions refer to.