SFTP using different port than 22 problem

I have tried to get secure FTP working over SSH and need to use a different port other than 22.

I set up new FTP account, enter site name, host address connection Secure SFTP via SSH (Port 22) port 2222, username and password.

It does not connect and hangs up.

The host address, username and password since I can use the same to connect on regular FTP connection.

The manual spoke about some add on option for FTP, do I need that? I could not find it on the site, maybe it is an old reference and it has been integrated. A bit lost now.

It sounds like you already have the SSH add-on as if you didn't you would not be able to select it.

See the FAQ on FTP connection issues:

[FTP Doesn't Work)

I forgot to mention I can use FTP via SSH using cuteFTP on same PC and network, so it is a client related issue.

I turned on debug logging and see something is not compatible but not sure how to change this on the client end. Is there a config file that sets the Putty options that needs to specify a different parameter?

Opening Connection [site details removed]
SSH: Server version: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3
SSH: We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY-FZ-Local: Oct 5 2009 12:24:18
SSH: Using SSH protocol version 2
SSH: Couldn't agree a client-to-server cipher (available: aes128-ctr,aes256-ctr,arcfour256,arcfour)
SSH: Fatal: Couldn't agree a client-to-server cipher (available: aes128-ctr,aes256-ctr,arcfour256,arcfour)
Connection closed

Found similar problem in this post

[Sftp to certain server fails)

Is it correct that it does not work and will be fixed in next release?

The connection works using cuteFTP which has cipher support for:
TripleDES, ARCFOUR, CASH128, Twofish, Blowfish

Likely Directory Opus does not support one of these which is the one my FTP server needs.

Confirmed that FTP server supports:

aes128-ctr,aes256-ctr,arcfour256,arcfour

which Directory Opus does not support one of these.

I could not find a way to configure Directory Opus to add one of these.

Cipher mismatch is not listed in FAQ, you may want to add it as a problem cause.

After reading dopus manual thoroughly, it uses putty underneath. I found reference to say problem with older putty 55 and fix was to get current putty.

So, just need to figure out how to swap out putty that Dopus uses for newest version of putty.

The putty code Opus uses is internal to Opus. There's no way to update it.

It'll have to wait for an Opus update which includes the newer Putty code.

(Unless you can get the server config changed to include one of the encryption types that are supported. I wonder if there's a reason they require those ones and not the more compatible set.)

Thanks.

I looked into the Dopus installation and discovered ftp functions are all bundled into the dlls. I did find the latest list of ciphers supported in putty and looks like it would solve my issue. Look forward to this being enabled. Thanks.

PuTTY currently supports the following algorithms:

-  AES (Rijndael) - 256, 192, or 128-bit SDCTR or CBC (SSH-2 only)

-  Arcfour (RC4) - 256 or 128-bit stream cipher (SSH-2 only)

-  Blowfish - 256-bit SDCTR (SSH-2 only) or 128-bit CBC

-  Triple-DES - 168-bit SDCTR (SSH-2 only) or CBC

-  Single-DES - 56-bit CBC (see below for SSH-2)