Shell notifications keep stopping

I've had trouble with Dopus and shell notifications for a long time, through all recent updates, but because the rest of the program hangs together so well I've just put up with this one aspect of oddness. However, it's reached the point where I'd really like to get it solved.

I've taken the following steps (as outlined here):
[ol][li]set notify_debug to True[/li]
[li]set shellchange_debug to True[/li]
[li]watch for notifications in DebugView[/li][/ol]
The list populates rapidly and shows probably 100-200 new entries every ten seconds or so. I don't know if this is a lot.

The really odd thing is if that I make the above changes and then reset those values back to their defaults, I get the shell notifications correctly for a random amount of time. After which period I just suddenly stop getting them and have to go back to mashing F5. My F5 key is worn smooth.

It's the period where everything works which has prompted me to write, in that it makes me realise just what I'm missing the rest of the time. Any clues as to what might be going on here?

Directory Opus Pro 11.4 Build 5229 x64
OS 6.1 (B:7601 P:2 T:1) SP 1.0 "Service Pack 1"

11.4 is old.

Do you still see this with current versions?

When I think of "old" software I think of something written in the late 1990s, not May this year.

I'll update and report back, but as I mentioned in my opener Dopus has been doing this for probably a year or more now.

Thanks! When you do the test, please collect the debug output so we can see more about what's happening.

Leo,

Just to update you, I've been using 11.7 x64 for over a week now and the problem persists. That is to say, the notifications work but then over time stop.

Restarting the application makes them work again.

I don't really want to post debug logs from any session as obviously these will detail the active files on my drive and on the company network, not to mention cache hits from browsers which detail cookie locations and what have you. It's not that I'm doing anything illicit, more that posting the information on a public forum can lead nowhere but trouble!

I can either PM the logs to you or I can trim back the number of open applications to reduce their size. The problem I have with that is, because the notifications dry up after a period, my feeling is that the volume of them has something to do with it. And thus, reducing that volume will not be a fair test or an indication of the problem - if that makes sense.

All suggestions welcome.

You can email them to leo@gpsoft.com.au to avoid posting the details to the forum.

(It may be a few days before I have a chance to look in detail, at the moment.)