Silent upgrade 11.10 to 11.13 fails

Dear Support,

following your rules for silent installation of Directory opus I installed this software (via SCCM) since version 9 without problems. Starting with version 11.13 it fails.

For updating from version 11.10 to 11.13 I create a setup.iss file with "setup.exe -r" moved this to my install package and and deploy it whit "setup.exe -s" to my users. Launching it in the SCCM "Software Center" a error window come up (see attachment): "Critical Directory Opus components do not match", Program version 11.13.0, Library 11.10.0. and Directory Opus is only partial installed and unusable on this PC. Can you help me with this?

To solve this problem by myself I tried the uninstall scripts from InstallShield ("C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information{5D4F167D-CCC8-413E-A6EE-F2FABBBBF50D}\setup.exe" -runfromtemp -l0x0409 -DentalFloss -removeonly ), but there are also not "silent" and need user intervention.

I hope you find a solution for this. :thumbsup:
Thanks in advance
Alfred

Apologies for this issue. It is an unexpected consequence of the move from separate 32-bit/64-bit installers to a single unified installer in Opus 11.13.

I have updated the Silent Install guide with:

[ul][li]Details on how to do silent uninstalls. (Search for "/uninst" to find the new part.)

[/li]
[li]A note about the 11.12 -> 11.13 issue, to help others.[/li][/ul]

Also, please note:

The uninstall should not be considered complete until the machine has rebooted, unless you can ensure it is done when no user is logged into the machine interactively.

Doing an uninstall will wipe the configuration data of the user who runs it (and possibly all users on the machine if run by an admin with access to their profiles). Be sure to backup configurations first if you intend the uninstall to be temporary rather than forever.