(solved) Crash dragging folders from Camera in Folder Tree

In Windows Explorer I can drag folders from my Canon PowerShot A2000 IS Digital Camera from the folder tree and drop them onto my hard-disk.
But when I try to drag a folder from my Digital Camera (from the Folder Tree), Opus encounters a program error (see screenshot).

NOTE: This only happens when I drag from the Folder Tree (no problem when dragging Digital Camera folders from the File Display).

I can terminate the thread (Opus: Thread succesfully terminated), but when I click Ok Opus just Exits.
When I don't terminate the thread and select 'restart Directory Opus automatically' Opus exits but doesn't restart automatically.

If you copy the whole dir to somewhere else, then drag that via the tree to the original destination, does that also crash?

Are any crash dumps produced matching the right date/time?

No crash when copying things to somewhere else or when dragging things back onto the Camera via the Folder Tree.
So, there's only a crash when dragging Camera folders from the folder tree to somewhere else.

Crash dumps are produced matching the right date and time (file attached).

dopus.20120715.112023.zip (21.6 KB)

Thanks for the dump file.

There's definitely something going wrong there; the stack trace has things calling each which shouldn't be. It's not obvious exactly what is causing it, though, and may be hard for us to work out exactly what's going on (without a similar camera to try with; it's presumably something to do with the camera's software).

We might send you a special debug version if we can work out the right area to put some checks into, to try to understand what's going on better.

Any change to get this solved? :slight_smile: Opus still crashes when I try to drag from the folder tree (tried it again with the new MTP support).

Is that using MTP?

If it's MTP, I would wait for the new/beta native MTP support to be expanded, as it doesn't currently affect the folder tree:

"Please note that due to the beta nature of this release, some MTP related functions are not yet implemented or complete (such as context menus, folder tree support and secondary file commands like SetAttr)."

Leo, it's not using MTP. I just tried it again to see if MTP affected (or solved, you never know) this error, but it still crashes.

Once native MTP support is hooked into the tree you should be able to use MTP and have it work, as I understand it.

Ok, thanks Leo! I will wait for the full MTP support.

Solved! :thumbsup: