The error 0xC0000005 occurred in thread 0x12D8 at address 0x

Hello,

I get this error message from DOpus each day since upgrading from 10 to version 10.5.1.0

The error 0xC0000005 occurred in thread 0x12D8 at address 0x66B3EB75.
Directory Opus needs to close, however you can choose to restart Directory Opus automatically.

This is the first time i am copying it down so i am not sure if those hex change each time - I did not find this error listed anywhere else.

Please advise.

When does this happen?

Did you upgrade from 10.0.0.0 to 10.5.1.0, or from a more recent version?

Was anything else changed or updated at the same time?

Was a crash dump created matching the time of the crash? (Note: You will need to link your account for us to look at crash dumps.)

Hello,

It has been difficult to identify the cause but the theme seems to be when i close another app (any app; but often PDF or DOC) and then close the lister i just had open.

No, you are correct it was 10.1.0.0 - and i am currently at 10.5.1.1.4871 - I was hoping the beta would correct the crashes, but it has not.

Regrettably I did not think of the crash dumps in the temp directory and i run CCleaner on the weekend. However since this is a daily occurrence I do have dmp files from Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (yesterday).

That linking accounts thing seems to be an invasion of privacy - can you explain that please?

PS: I do purchase DOpus. I am not looking for "priority" support.

Hi,

I just had DOpus open to look up the %TEMP% DMP files - closing that list generated this msg

The error 0xC0000005 occured in thread 0xF98 at address 0x52E8EB76.
Directory Opus needs to close, however you can choose to restart Directory Opus automatically.

The hex does change, and now there is a dmp file for today (wednesday) as well.

[quote="Airin"]That linking accounts thing seems to be an invasion of privacy - can you explain that please?

PS: I do purchase DOpus. I am not looking for "priority" support.[/quote]

Linking your account proves that you've purchased Opus. We won't look at crash dumps otherwise.

I don't think any aspect of it is an invasion of privacy. All it does is link your existing GPSoftware account to your existing Opus forum account. The only change on the forum is that your account name will change colour and have different words under it. If you have concerns about any aspects of that, just let me know and I can explain them.