TheMovieDB Poster&Info Downloader V2.0

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
Worked very well and I've been looking for a good movie poster downloader for a very long time.

Best regards,
Clicks

This is awesome, thanks Miran.

Preliminary Alpha Release V2.1.0a for Dopus V11.5.1b

Added Custom Columns

TheMovieDB Downloader.osp (24.9 KB)

Hi,
Ok, the above worked. Looks like the problem I was originally having with nothing happening was related to DOpus having internet connection problems. Once that was fixed it worked as intended. However, regarding the year in parentheses and anything afterward, how do I add this line that you wrote above to it? also, is there any way that it can read the movie name despite missing a character? for exmaple, "X-men: Days of future past", I've replaced my colon with a space because I can't name a file with that character (:). So is it possible for it to search it and find it even though tmdb has it with the colon?
Thanks for the great script!
AR

Anybody know what I do to add the command mentioned above?

TheMovieDB-Downloader FILE {filepath$} TITLEREGEXP="(.*)\(.*"

Where in the scrip or button do I add this?

AR

"TheMovieDB-Downloader" is a custom command, "TITLEREGEXP" a Parameter you could use to extract the Movie Title from the file name with the help of a RegExp.

Infos on how to add and change buttons:

The Script just passes the extracted title as search string to TheMovieDBs API, therefore it depends on their search algorithm what is found and what not. Often it works without the colon. Maybe because their is an alternate title in the tmdb or maybe the search engine is smart enough.

Ok, I think I finally got it, per your instructions and the instructions in the link. It works great!! I think the reason I was having trouble previously is because I needed a restart and update to the latest version.
Thanks again for such a wonderful script, it has saved me a lot of time!
AR

Can you post an example of what exactly what should be written in the command? Say, for discussion sake, the name of the movie is Die Hard.

What should this command look like?

Like this?

TheMovieDB-Downloader FILE {filepath$} TITLEREGEXP="Die Hard(.*)\(.*"

File: Die Hard.avi
Command: TheMovieDB-Downloader FILE {filepath$}

File: Die Hard (1988).avi
Command: TheMovieDB-Downloader FILE {filepath$} TITLEREGEXP="(.*)\(.*" ERRFILE

The TITLEREGEXP should contain a regular expression that extracts the movie title from the actual file name. The Movie Title must end in the first group (expression within the first "()" ).

hi there,

i belive, i am to stupid for this script. Ok this is my first script , but it does not run on my system . :neutral_face:

This are my steps to use ist ...

1. put the script-button in to the toolbar

TheMovieDB-Downloader {filename$} {filepath$} TITLEREGEXP="(.*)\(.*" errfile infofile backdrop

2. select a file

3. click the button several times

TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    General failure getting response from MovieDB.org
    TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    General failure getting response from MovieDB.org
    TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    No Movie found on MovieDB.org for: Xmen Origins Wolverine - German
    Fehler in Zeile 1, Position 5
        @script vbscript
        ^
    Ungültiges Zeichen (0x800a0408)
    Parsefehler - Skript abgebrochen

4. nothing happens in the folder of the file

where is my mistake ??

can you help me ??

thank you so much...
z.

{filename$} {filepath$}
looks not right. try it without the additional filename.

Hmm, "general failure" could be everything :slight_smile: no internet connection, wrong proxy settings, service down,
set LogLevel to Debug in the Script Config to get more information from the script.

No movie found due to wrong Title :slight_smile:
the api will find everything that is "similar" to one of the alternate titles of the movie (themoviedb.org/movie/2080-x- ... lease-info). eg. "X-Men Origins Wolverine" would work, while your title "Xmen Origins Wolverine - German" would not.

That's probably an error from an other script, as the MovieDB script is jscript and not vbscript :grin:

ok .. then next try with following:

TheMovieDB-Downloader filepath$ TITLEREGEXP="(.*)\(.*" errfile infofile backdrop

this is the debug log:

TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    LogLevelName: DEBUG
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    NotFoundFileExtension: .error
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    InfoFileExtension: .nfo
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    BackdropSuffix: -backdrop
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    File: 
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    TitleRegExp: (.*)
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    ErrFile: false
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    InfoFile: false
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    NoPoster: false
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    PosterSize: original
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    Backdrop: false
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    BackdropSize: original
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    FilePath: 
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    FileNameWoExt: 
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    FileNameExt: 
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    MovieTitle: 
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    MovieDB Config Status: 200
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    MovieDB Config: {"images":{"base_url":"http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/","secure_base_url":"https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/","backdrop_sizes":["w300","w780","w1280","original"],"logo_sizes":["w45","w92","w154","w185","w300","w500","original"],"poster_sizes":["w92","w154","w185","w342","w500","w780","original"],"profile_sizes":["w45","w185","h632","original"],"still_sizes":["w92","w185","w300","original"]},"change_keys":["adult","air_date","also_known_as","alternative_titles","biography","birthday","budget","cast","certifications","character_names","created_by","crew","deathday","episode","episode_number","episode_run_time","freebase_id","freebase_mid","general","genres","guest_stars","homepage","images","imdb_id","languages","name","network","origin_country","original_name","original_title","overview","parts","place_of_birth","plot_keywords","production_code","production_companies","production_countries","releases","revenue","runtime","season","season_number","season_regular","spoken_languages","status","tagline","title","translations","tvdb_id","tvrage_id","type","video","videos"]}
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    MovieDB Images Base URL: [image.tmdb.org/t/p/](http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/)
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    MovieDB Poster Search Url: [api.themoviedb.org/3/search/mov ... 58e&query=](https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=2cc30e3146b2f44d504561e96cfb358e&query=)
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    MovieDB Search Status: 404
TheMovieDB.org Poster&Info Downloader:    MovieDB Searchresult: {"status_code":6,"status_message":"Invalid id: The pre-requisite id is invalid or not found."}

there is a new question for you :smiley: ..
how can i switch the following parameters to true :

thank you for your quickly help :wink:.

Add command switches "BACKDROP INFOFILE". As you already have them in your command in lowercase dopus probably requires them in upper case, but haven't verified myself.

The case should not matter, but the order could, depending on the command template.

try:

TheMovieDB-Downloader FILE {filepath$} TITLEREGEXP="(.*)\(.*" ERRFILE INFOFILE BACKDROP

if this it not working, please give some example file names.

The order of the parameters is important?! wasn't aware of that.

But anyway the problem probably was the missing "FILE" argument, that is mandatory and was missing in the command Trudefix has posted.

TheMovieDB-Downloader FILE {filepath$} TITLEREGEXP="(.*)\(.*)" ERRFILE INFOFILE BACKDROP

It isn't usually important but it can be. e.g. If one of the arguments is /R and eats everything that comes after it. /O arguments can also eat the word that comes after them if it's not another keyword.

nope

(.*)\(.*
^   ^ ^
1   2  3
  1. (.*) every character from the beginning of the file name, and first regexp group => Movie Title
  2. \( first "(" Character, escaped with \ as we want the actual ( not the regexp meaning
  3. .* everything after the first "(" character

Filenames where this patter makes sense
The Matrix (1999).avi
<MovieTitle> (<Year>).avi

or

Inception (2010) [en-de].mkv
<MovieTitle> (<Year>) [<languagetracks>].mkv