Unable to uninstall DOpus 12

I recently had some issues with my computer. During the fixing process, I tried to uninstall DOpus 12. While the problem is probably unrelated to DOpus itself, the uninstall did not complete and my computer hung. Now, my system is running fairly well but DOpus is not. I can't even open a lister. I can't uninstall DOpus since it doesn't show up in the Program and Features list. How can I get DOpus out of my system so I can install it cleanly?

Try running the installer again, rebooting if it requests one, then if things still aren't working you should be able to run the uninstaller to get back to a clean starting point.

You can get the installer from here: gpsoft.com.au/DScripts/download.asp

I've run the installer from the link you provided. It did request a reboot, which I did. However, when the system was restarted, there is no indication of DOpus in the Programs and Features list. Is there another way to executed the uninstaller?

That sounds like something is blocking the installer from actually working, which will probably also prevent the uninstaller from working.

Have you checked what your antivirus is doing? It may be involved.

I've disabled Windows Defender, re-booted, run DOpus installer, re-booted. There is still no trace of DOpus in the Programs and Features list.

What were the problems with your PC that came before all this, mentioned in the first post? Perhaps they will point to a direction to investigate.

Are other installers creating uninstall entries correctly?

The installer/uninstaller Opus uses is the industry standard InstallShield one, so if it is failing and it isn't something like antivirus blocking a specific installer then I'd expect the problem to affect more than just Opus, unless there's something wrong such as permissions on registry keys or files/folders specific to the Opus install.

Sorry. Been away for the holidays.

Other things seem to install/uninstall OK. I think the issue that started this was the failure of the Anniversary Update of Windows 10, 1607. I've been trying since to get installed but my system just doesn't like it. Is there an .exe file in a DOpus directory that I can call directly instead of relying on the Program and Features list?

The uninstaller would depend on other registry/filesystem data which are probably also missing if it's not appearing in the Program and Features list.

It might be worth checking Problems installing Opus and deleting the Installshield Installation Information folder mentioned in the last part.

Aside from that, I am pretty much at a loss. If the Windows install is messed up then it could be very hard to work out what is going wrong.

I finally changed something accidentally (I'm not sure what) and everything is working now. Thanks for your help.