Wanted to hide folders.Searched forums still need help

I want to hide few folders all the time but i want to show when i click on toggle button of hide n unhide.I am able to hide folders like recycled,mscache,system information etc but not those folders which i want to hide n unhide.I even created another folder with recycled it is not hidden while the one system folder named is recycled is always hidden.

So far i am able to create button that shows n hide folders n using below code but when i restart the Opus those folders are visible again but yes recycled,mscache,system information folders are always hidden.

<?xml version="1.0"?> Hidden files #move Hidden files Show hidden files #move Set HIDEFILTERATTR Hidden files Don't show hidden files #move Set HIDEFILTERATTR h i have already checked these posts n few more

So no idea what to do :unamused:
resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... ght=hidden
resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

The button in your post hides/unhides things that have the Hidden attribute set.

Is that what you are trying to do, or do you want to hide folders with particular names?

Either way, if you want to change which files & folders are shown by default then you should do it using Folder Formats.

I have gone through your link regarding folder format but its really not what i want

What i want...Here i try to explain again.
I have folder named Games and few such folders,i have set them to Hidden attribute.
What i want Games etc folders should be hidden all the time but when i toggle the hide unhide button only then it shows.

What actually is happening....
That game folder is not hidden all the time but i have to click on that toggle button everytime i open OPUS to make it hide.While after following instructions i am able to hide such folders
recycled|_restore|system volume information|.
I hope i made myself clear :unamused:

If you want things with the H attribute to be hidden then edit your Folder Formats (either all of them or just the ones affecting Games and folders below it) and go to the Filters tab, then set them to hide things with the H attribute.

You can also hide things by name in the same sort of way, except by adding their names to the filters tab.

(Note that filtering via the H attribute will affect both folders and files. On the other hand, filters on named items can be restricted to just files or just folders, as desired.)

sorry its not working.I can see that folder no matter what i do.Each time i have to click on that toggle button

If you go to the folder, then select Tools -> Folder Options, is the filter still applied there?

If not then you haven't saved the folder options properly for the folder(s) in question. (The FAQ explains how Opus selects which saved Folder Options to use for a folder.)

like shown in this post i have done exactly like this
and i click on filters tab and under Hide filter section, checked H and S checkboxes. Click on OK. After all, Click on Apply and OK in order.
I dont understand where is folder options saved.I just have click apply and OK.

I don't know what to say that isn't already said in the folder formats FAQ.

Go through ALL of your folder formats in Preferences and make sure they all have the H attribute filter set. Opus must be picking up a different format to the one you are editing.

Now another weird thing happened...As Games folder set hidden but it show.So i click on games folder means when i go inside that folder and comes out that games folder is no longer visible.And even that toggle button of hide n unhide dont work.So when i restart opus again .Games folder is there again.I repeated that as many as times same result.

Games folder is seen...
when goes inside and comes back its gone.
Restart opus and its there again
Thx for helping me but i feel problem is weird without any solution but still i hope someone might help...

How are you initially opening the Opus window and navigating to the folder? You may need to re-save the default lister, layout or style, depending on which you are using to open the window.

:slight_smile: Okay i have reached to first step that my games folder is not visible anymore.Yes saving the lister done the trick.But now other folders are also visible though i am using filter comand using H in folder filter
This is what i am using
(RECYCLER|recycled|mscache|system information|System Volume Information|MSOCache)
And i make sure it is filtered in each folder format like local drives,moves,images,ftp etc.

Can you show us screenshot? You can post images using the attachment options on the reply form. (Don't use the Quick Reply form; click Post Reply to get the full one.)

as u can see the SS ,though folders are set in hidden category but they are visible,though toggle button shows n hide them

When you're looking at C:\ as in your screenshot, go to Tools -> Folder Options and see what the filter is set to. Presumably it isn't filtering on the H attribute?

(Tools -> Folder Options, not Preferences. The Local Drives format you're looking at in Preferences may not be the one which is being used.)

Omg you are awesome.Wow problem is solved.I never knew that it can be done that way.And this time i go with tools n it works.
it. :laughing: :laughing: Thx