Windows 7 and Opus 9.xxxxxx

Any idea why Opus 9.xxxx is not compatible with Windows 7? Heaps of other application I've been using with Vista , XP has no problem with Opus. Is this a ploy to a new (version 10) to make more money?????????

A discussion about DOpus and Windows 7 can also be found here: [Opus in Windows 7)

it doesn't make sense that Opus could intentionally make itself incompatible with a future version of windows that didn't exist at the release of Opus 9

all programs need ongoing maintenance and labor to keep them up to date with the constant changes, making money is not a bad thing after all

I like to use the phrase "forward compatible" to describe this phenomenon. Bonkers.

Why, I wonder, doesn't that old copy of WordStar that I used on my first Osborne 01 work on my new(ish) PC?

Time, perhaps, for a class-action suit against anyone still alive who had anything to do with WordStar?

Probably because WordStar doesn't hook into the OS at all. :slight_smile:

There's no known, supported (by Microsoft) way to replace the folder browser like there is for the web browser -- I guess because no file manager developer is big enough to sue Microsoft :slight_smile: -- so new versions of Windows can go wrong, or cause Opus to go wrong, in that regard. Just turn off Explorer Replacement for now and maybe report the problem to Microsoft, since Windows 7 is the product going through beta at the moment to gather customer feedback and compatibility data.

I've locked this thread since it's better to keep all the info about Windows 7 in one thread for now. Please use the one Christiaan linked to, above (which is also linked to by the list of FAQs, mumble, grumble :slight_smile: ).