Dopus 11 slow

Dopus 11.3 (64 bit) is intermittently slow to list files in a folder and to do other operations like copy. Sometimes it's really speedy, at other times it slows to a crawl. I've seen a variety of forum posts on this in general but not about this pattern of sometimes fast, sometimes slow. Any thoughts?

If there's nothing else to go on, these two guides are probably your best bet:

[ul][li]Crash, exit or high CPU usage when viewing certain directories[/li]
[li]General slowdown or instability investigation steps[/li][/ul]

Having the same problem w/ 11.3 and 11.4 64 bit -- just started a couple of days ago. Upon initial lister loadup or when opening a new tab, I sometimes have to wait 1-3 minutes for the files to populate in the current tab. Sometimes a copy or move takes a long time, too. Most of the time everything works fine.

I'll try the debug steps Leo outlined. Since the problem didn't manifest right after I installed 11.3 but now occurs reliably at least a couple of times per day, I assume something on my PC has changed. I use Webroot for antimalware, and I think I did install a Win 7 update not too long ago.

Ooops -- meant to come back and and list my solution, despite the low-likelihood that anyone else's problem has the same root cause...

--I use Acronis True Image backup software. I do not use one of its components, syncagentsvc.exe.

--For some reason, the component is known to hog the CPU. After a couple of years of using the backup sw w/ no problems, the component started hogging the CPU on my system.

--So, I used ProcessMonitor to suspend the process until I got around to hunting it down on my hard drive.

--Looking back, I now realize that's when my DOpus problems started.

--Got around to finding and exterminating the component (turns out it's a service, so I set it to run-manually).

--Poof: no more DOpus problems.

BTW, I love DOpus. I hate having to use Windows Explorer when I do work on other computers.