Scripts: Give the date, as well as the version number, for each update

It's very helpful that the updates to each script are listed in order at the bottom of the original posting in the thread, and that each version number and a short note are given. But could the *date" of each update also be given routinely.

I only noticed this today when updating scripts after not doing so for a month. First, it was hard to work out whether each latest update was more than, or less than, a month old (although comparing the version numbers in Preferences - - > Toolbars - - > Scripts sorted out the updating). Secondly, it was very difficult matching up each script version with the comments made in the thread about the development of the script.

. . . and thank you very much, tbone, for ScriptWizard and its associated menu button.

Found this thread just today, would have posted earlier! o)

I tend to add a regular posting to a script-addin thread, whenever I update something. That should give you the last update-date and also a hint, which post refers to what version. Basically all posts before an update-post refer to the version before (in a perfect world o). But I agree, it's not ovious what has been uploaded when looking into the thread opening. I will try to add the date from now on to the upload desciption (file comment) as well.

When you update scripts manually or by ScriptWizard, why is the date of a specific script-update of interest to you?

Thanks very much, tbone, for the reply. It's a very small matter, but I have noticed that the dates would reduce some of the fiddling about when you haven't checked for a while. I gave a couple of reasons above, but two more small points: First, some of the scripts are not yet in Script Wizard. Secondly, when I run "Check all" in Script Wizard, it tells me how many are updateable, but not which ones, and the date would be just another helpful clue. Anyway, the usual universal practice is version+date.

For a detailed overview of all the scripts and their update-status and wether there is a new version available, the columns provided by ScriptWizard are meant to be used: See an example here: Columns: ScriptDetails (update status of add-ins etc)
This allows you to sort the list of add-ins, select those which you like to update and then let SW do it's job by choosing "Update" from the button for each or all of them.

Parsing a date from the regarding upload and version and have it visible in the overview probably is also a nice thing to have, will add that to the "todo-feature" list.

Thanks for the tip, tbone. The "Status" column certainly makes it very straightforward to update the addins that conform to ScriptWizard.