Adding a new Column to read a text file

Hello,

I am looking to create a script that adds a new column to the open lister for a text file with a certain file extension (not .txt). It needs to read the beginning text on the first line up to the first comma and display it in a new column.

I looked through some of the examples here and am not sure how to proceed. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Wayne :opussanta:

Sorry that I originally wrote this in the wrong script forum

Try this:

The FileInfo column set: [Column: FileInfo (number of lines, EOL line-endings, encoding of text files, more..))

Hello tbone,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Not sure what happened to my original reply but this is awesome! It does exactly what I need and it is already greatly simplifying my work process as I sort through 100s of files. In my original reply, I stated that it does 99% of what i was looking to do. I was looking to stop reading the first line at the first comma. However, after using it and realizing how fast it updates I see how useful it is to see more than that. I also realize that I can simply limit the amount I am seeing by resizing the column. So, it now does 100% (and more) than I was looking to do.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!!

Happy holidays! :opussanta:

Wayne

You're welcome. Thanks for your feedback. o)