KingOfDaClick's Pack 2020 - (.ocb file only)

This is my first attempt to use the same, which was a bit of a disaster. I was not able to produce the same and I also lost directory opus entirely, thank God for backup and restore.

This is what I attempted to do. I'm using Opus 11.5. I was attempting to use the theme , screenshot 2, located at KingOfDaClick's Pack 2018 - (.ocb file only).

I tried downloading KODC Themes.zip and a few other things. There was a lot of icons in some of the downloads. My concern is less about the icons. Especially the ones that drive you buggy lol.

The theme I'm trying to use the one that is brown which I think would be called camel.

Can someone help my work they absolute direction on how I can go about installing that theme.
Bob

Hi Robert
if your familiar with the "backup and restore" feature in Directory Opus all you need to do is the following.

1. Download KODC Themes.zip
  2. Extract that zip file to C:\KODC Themes (make sure its not C:\KODC Themes\KODC Themes)
  3. Open the "Backup and Restore" feature and the open the following file "KODC 2014 - Large Icons.ocb" (its found in "C:\KODC Themes")
  4. Restart directory opus and it should then appear.

Also you can change toolbar colours (brown toolbars you mentioned) by clicking on the "wand icon" button (2nd last icon - top far right)
Good luck

Regards,
KODC

Just be aware that if you do this you'll lose your own configuration, so make sure you back it up first.

It sure sounds easy using the "backup and restore". I'm going to try right now thanks a lot for your help.
Bob

Yes it sure was easy to install. 123 done.

I'm trying to get the screen to, light brown, appearance. Also my display is more of a flat math color. I'm not getting the shiny appearance that I see in the display.

Bob

Good evening King,
I am using DO at work from a usb key. I do not want to put the kodc theme folder on the work computer hd. Is there a way to keep the kodc theme folder on the usb key and be able to change theme colors?

[quote="apophus"]Hello,
I'm real pleased with this theme but having added the "Viewer Pane" button to the Operations toolbar, the viewer pane doesn't function properly for me. The hex view doesn't work at all. It either displays black when it should automatically display in hex (for exe, dll, etc. files) or it displays white for files it can display normally (txt, pdf, etc.) when I press the "Hex View" button on the control bar at the bottom of the viewer pane.
Any idea what's wrong?
Thanks.[/quote]

Has anyone else seen the above behavior?
Thanks.

Hi Apophus
Sorry for this late reply, took me a while to discover how to fix this.
Seems the hex viewer is disabled by default on my configuration(theme).
To enable it please do the following:

1. Go Directory Opus preferences.
  2. Under "Viewer" section click "Viewer plugins"
  3. Click on "text", then click on "configure.
  4. A small window will pop up with a check box "Enable Hex (binary) Viewer"
  5. Tick on this check box and then click "Ok"

Done...
I'll be sure to fix this in my next release.

Cheers,
Clicks

Hi Kingofdaclick
I really congratulate your efforts as regards this excellent theme pack. You must have been with Dopus since Amiga days to have such proficiency.
Transformatory and simply bloody brilliant.
Huge thanks.

KODC 2015
Changes

• Includes 2 new Icon sets
  • added FileBot Button - Rename Movies & TV shows
  • added Miran's "TheMovieDB Poster&Info Downloader"
  • added Button to download Subtitles From subscene.com
  • added Leo's Star Ratings Buttons/Menu
  • added tbone's Lock On/Off (protect items from deletion) button.
  • added "open with" button for Adobe Photoshop.
  • added "open with" buttons For AVS Audio Editor/video Editor/Audio converter/Video Converter/Document Converter.
  • Updated Select button - now uses YankeeZulu's "Select By Filter" menu button.

Regards
KODC

If you link your account you will automatically get the ability to edit your own posts within this part of the forum, allowing you to make edits as and when you wish.

Thank you very much this theme is really well done :slight_smile:

[quote="KingOfDaClick"]SCREENSHOT 1

SCREENSHOT 2

SCREENSHOT 3

SCREENSHOT 4

[/quote]

@KingOfDaClick, please repost the images you've got there when you have a chance... The image links are no longer working...

Nice contribution, thanks for your work. In the screenshot at the beginning of this thread I see a black theme with what looks like a black lister background. I've got the black toolbars but can't find a theme/option for a black lister. Is there a trick to do this?

Hi Ray
By "Black lister background" I'm assuming you mean the title bar which isn't a directory opus feature, its a windows thing.

Windows 10 didn't initially come with the option of changing the color of the title bar, but now you can (you'll need to update windows 10 if you can't do the below)

To change it.
Click on the start menu, go "settings" then go "Personalization"
under "Colors", turn on "Show Color on title bar".
(Please note that this is linked to Start Menu's Live Tiles coloring)

On another note, from your picture i noticed your "styles" options has an annoying White button that should be transparent (where it shows "Single,Transfer,Misc Viewer"). to make this transparent In directory opus go:

"Setting" - "Preferences" - "Colors and Font's" - "Folder Tabs".
uncheck "use system colors" then
Make selected and Unselected Text = White
Make selected and Unselected Background = Black

now click apply :slight_smile:

Regards,
Clicks

Hello there.
I am trying out KODL themes and have installed it OK but when I click on the COLOUR icon @ top right nothing changes even though when I go to the Setting/Toolbars the colour I selected is correct.
Please, can you help me? I just love the theme.
Kind regards
Richard

HI rgbinns
Regarding your problem....my best guess is that you unzipped it in the wrong folder.

make sure it is unzipped to
C:\KODC Themes
NOT
C:\KODC Themes\KODC Themes.

see how u go.

Regards,
CLicks

is this theme optimized for opus 12 pro ?

I ask this because I have been using this theme for a long time and really like it a lot but today I just found out that the toolbar seems to be from a very old version of dopus, where for instance on the settings drop down menu the customize button is now labelled customize toolbars and has been for a long time.
It's not that I am bothered about this just wondering if there are any other more recent features that somehow are not enabled or working with this theme ?

And is there a way to install the theme without the icons ?
Or maybe reduce the size of the big icons ?

Thank you

Hi Hydrops
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, i hadn't noticed this myself.
I have just updated KODC theme and it now Includes the DO 12 menu.

In regards to whether this theme has kept up to date with everything...
To be honest have tried but can't say for certain if it everything is fully integrated into KODC. Please let me know if any features are missing and I'll update it as soon as i am able to.

In regards to reducing the size of icons
Go into Customize mode (right clicking on a toolbar)
Under "Image Size" - Choose "Small"

Also you can also do the following
On menu Click "Settings", go "Preferences"
Under "Toolbars" - "Appearance"
Play around with
"Horizontal/Vertical button spacing" settings.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Clicks

Hi Clicks

Thank you for the prompt reply

Like I said it doesn't really matter that much to me Opus is fine as it is for me, I just asked because I was not sure if installing your theme was reverting my opus to an older version, which I for obvious reasons would prefer not to happen.

Regarding this theme can you please help me ?
If you check the screen I had customized the theme quite a bit I want to do it again but have forgotten how I did it.

for instance how can I add a folder to favorites and make it appear on the left sidebar ?

And how can I add the line divider like I have in the sidebars ?

Regarding the theme variations if I edit one theme and change it to a different color whatever customization I did won't appear on the new color bar right ? is there a way to change this ?

Thank you very much this theme is really good, I especially like the dark mode.

1 Like