SearchEverything: Getting Opus to work with Everything

Hello! Sorry, but Search Everything 3.0 doesn't work in DOpus 11.1! it gives wrong results in russian. can you make something?

I have been using SearchEverything with Dopus v11 from a button with no problems. The button code I use is..

@admin /homeroot\Utilities\Everything\SearchEverything.exe "{dlgstringS|Please enter a search string..|{clip}}" Go NEWTAB=findexisting PATH=coll://Everything
Today I added the exact same command to the Lister Context menu. It works, but not quite the same as from a toolbar button. The differences are somehow associated with UAC but I can't see why UAC should (be able to) distinguish between SearchEverything fired from a button or from a context menu. Anyhow, this is what I am seeing on a Windows 7 (64 bit) system.

[ol][li]When fired from a toolbar button there is no UAC prompt.[/li][li]When fired from the lister context menu there is a UAC prompt, but if I fire it again quickly there is no UAC prompt the second time. If I continue with the rapid fire, every alternate execution triggers UAC. If I slow things down and leave a few seconds between executions, the UAC pops up every time so it would appear to be time dependent.[/li][/ol]
Having a SearchEverything command on the lister context menu is mighty handy and I can live with the UAC prompts. I just wanted to report the difference and I'd be interested to know if there is an explanation for why it should be so.

Regards (and thanks to Apocalypse for a very useful tool), AB

As said, my -personal- wish is that Opus has a similar thing built in, or at least has an option to activate indexing.
Note that this wonderful tool has been beta since june last year and there is no word from the developer every since.
btw, also see forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &t=2475071
(just discovered, not yet tested)

Works great for me. But is there a way to open search results in a new tab instead of a new lister?

can not work . my everything's version is 1.2.1.375b ,dopus is 10+, xp 32 bit. I am sure the code I pasted is correct. When I left click the button, popup the searching box,

whatever I type in and enter, it shows up a window : title is "searcheverything.exe Apllication Error", conten is :" Application Initialization failure( 0xc0000135 )". Please Click " Yes " to terminate the application " .

I hadn't used SE for a while but when I tried my long standing SE button today it no longer works, by which I mean that no output collection is generated. This is with SearchEverything.v3.0.0 and Everything-1.3.4.686.x86 and Opus 11.8.2.

Regards, AB

Nice work - would you please make the source code available.
Adam

Here is a button I wrote that works with the HTTP interface of VoidTools Everything. No stuffing around with DLL's

It's not pretty but it works for now. If you have time, updates / modifications would be appreciated.

Now .. to consider DTSearch

@script jscript

function OnClick(ClickData){

var vi_maxreturn =500;
	var vo_dlg = EV_Dialog(vi_maxreturn.toString());
	DOpus.Output("Input:" + vo_dlg.input);
	var jsontext = '{"firstname":"Jesper","surname":"Aaberg","phone":["555-0100","555-0120"]}';
	var vs_searchurl = "http://localhost/?search=" + vo_dlg.input + "&path=0" + "&regex=1&path_column=2&json=1&count=" + vi_maxreturn.toString();
	DOpus.Output("Search:" + vs_searchurl);
	var xmlhttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP.3.0");
	xmlhttp.open("GET",vs_searchurl, false,"admin","asdf");
	xmlhttp.send();
	var jsontext = xmlhttp.responseText;
	var vo_returned = eval("(" +jsontext +")"); //JSON.parse(jsontext)
	var vi_total= vo_returned .totalResults;
	var results = vo_returned.results;
	var vi_total_1 = vo_returned.results.length;

var vs_run;

vs_run = 'Delete "coll://Everything"';  //Careful. do not change this owtherwise coudl delete files
	DOpus.Output("Run:" + vs_run);
	ClickData.func.command.RunCommand(vs_run);

vs_run = 'CreateFolder "coll://Everything"';
	DOpus.Output("Run:" + vs_run);
	ClickData.func.command.RunCommand(vs_run);

var vo_factory = DOpus.Create;
	var vo_command = vo_factory.Command;
	vo_command.SetSource("coll://Everything");
	//vo_command.AddFile("C:\\temp\\1.txt");
	//vo_command.RunCommand('Copy To="coll://Everything" COPYTOCOLL=member');

DOpus.Output("Files:" + vi_total_1);
	var vs_1;
	for (i = 0; i < vi_total_1; i++) { 
	//	if (vo_returned.results[i].type==='file'){
	    if (1===1){
			vs_1 = vo_returned.results[i].path + "\\" + vo_returned.results[i].name;
			vs_2 = vs_1.replace(/\\/gi,"\\\\");
			DOpus.Output(vs_2);
			vo_command.AddFile(vs_2);
		}
	}
	vo_command.RunCommand('Copy To="coll://Everything" COPYTOCOLL=member');

}

function EV_Dialog(vs_message){
	// Create a Dialog object.
	var dlg = DOpus.Dlg;
	dlg.window = DOpus.Listers(0);
	dlg.message = "Enter Regular Expression.  Max Returned-" + vs_message;
	dlg.title = "Enter";
	dlg.buttons = "OK|Cancel";
	dlg.max = 128  //enable the text field
	var ret = dlg.Show;
	DOpus.Output("Dialog.Show returned " + ret);
	DOpus.Output ("The string you entered was " + dlg.input);
	return dlg;
}

function Escape(vs_1) { vs_1= vs_1.replace(/#/gi,'%23'); vs_1= vs_1.replace(/ /gi,'%20'); return vs_1; }

Could someone help me troubleshoot, please? This is my first time trying to set it up and I can't get it to work.

When I run it from DO, using the given button, here are the results:
[ul]
[li]LMB: I get the dialog asking for a search string. I enter a string, but then nothing happens afterward.[/li]
[li]MMB: This launches the Everything GUI just fine. (Version 1.3.4.686 (x.64))[/li]
[li]RMB: Nothing happens except for the mouse cursor blinking "wait" very quickly.[/li][/ul]
When I run SearchEverything.exe from a command line, in the same folder as Everything, I get a dialog box saying that the Usage is "SearchEverything ". When I run it with a keyword, nothing happens. But I'm not sure what's supposed to happen here. Would it output to the command line or DO? Well, it does neither.

Thanks.

isn't it possible to just add an argument to the dopus search field? it's not very comfortable that i can't use a "personal" search field or just have an implimentation of searcheverything in dopus.

the button from the start post works by the way with latest (11) dopus

Have just installed Windows 10 Tech Preview
Opus 11.12
When I run Searcheverything from button I get UAC then nothing
Button code
@admin
C:\Program Files\Everything\SearchEverything.exe "{dlgstring}"
Same happens from command prompt

Everything program works OK
Has anyone else used it in windows 10

Yes. Same experience as you describe. I am unable to get SearchEverything to work in any Windows 64-bit system be it W7, W8.1, or W10.

Regards, AB

Follow up. I managed to get SearchEverything working with Opus 11.12.2 on a 32-bit XP system in a VM. I had to download and install DotNet Framework 2 (NetFx20SP2_x86.exe). My guess is that it depends on this particular version of DotNet. When time permits I'll try to test that theory on a 64-bit W7 system.

Regards, AB

My Desktop and laptop both run Win 7 64Bit and search everything works OK
To find .NET Framework versions by viewing the registry (.NET Framework 1-4)
1.On the Start menu, choose Run.
2.In the Open box, enter regedit.exe.
You must have administrative credentials to run regedit.exe.
3.In the Registry Editor, open the following subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP

To find .NET Framework versions by viewing the registry (.NET Framework 4.5 and later)
1.On the Start menu, choose Run.
2.In the Open box, enter regedit.exe.
You must have administrative credentials to run regedit.exe.
3.In the Registry Editor, open the following subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full

Laptop and Desktop Win 7 64 Bit
4.5.51209 Laptop
4.5.50938 Desktop

Laptop Win 10 64 Bit

@onedot3 - thanks for posting. It is encouraging to know that someone, somewhere, has this working on W7. My laptop DotNet settings are to all intents and purposes the same as yours so that is unlikely to be the cause of my problem. In the absence of any SearchEverything error message or log (that I am aware of) it's hard to know where to start looking.

Regards, AB

This thread is getting so long I sometimes consider setting up a dedicated sub-forum for Everything. :slight_smile: (Does it not have one of its own?)

Carry on, I'm not complaining. Just wondering if it needs more than one big thread, or if it should stay as-is

Everything.exe version 1.3.4.686 (x64)
Have been messing around on Win 10 and found that I had not been running Everything.exe as administrator.
Run Everything.exe as administrator.
Searcheverything now works in Win 10 :smiley:
Had a check on Win 7 Desktop and Laptop Everything.exe version 1.2.1.371 is not Run as administrator.

Good grief. My W7 experience seems to be the reverse of yours. I did not have "run as administrator" enabled on W7 on the basis that I am using the Everything Service. Prompted by your post, I turned the option on and now SE is working.

Regards, AB