Configure RecentX with Directory Opus 9 (video tutorial)

(Delisted by author request, due to age of info.)

RecentX is a Launcher that will open files,folders,programs and websites quickly. RecentX is similar to the program "Everything", but on steroids. Simply type in any file or folder, within 3 seconds get a result. RecentX avoids tedious folder navigation, which makes it my favorite program to use with Directory Opus.

Configure RecentX with Directory Opus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql7DXgB8IbU check 720p HD!!!

RecentX>Advanced>Preferences>Advanced
File Manager:

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd GO "%1" CURRENT

Directory Opus 9, has its own internal "recent folders" which "RecentX" is not able to see. The command below creates a folder shortcut in the "/recent" directory so that RecentX is able to see it.

Settings>Filetypes>All Folder>events
Left Double Click

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /CMD Copy FILE "{filepath$}" MAKELINK=shortcut TO /Recent Go
Alt + Left Double Click (I use this only in FTP to double click "Go" on folders)

Go

Add selected file to RecentX menu button(Icons included in zip below)
This button allows you to add recent files from Directory Opus to "RecentX". Simply select the file and click the star. There is also a drop down list to quickly switch from files, folders, programs, websites. (The drop down list uses autohotkey scripts included in the zip.)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="icon" textcol="none" type="menu_button">
	<label>RecentX</label>
	<tip>Add selected files to RecentX</tip>
	<icon1>#RecentXSmall:RecentX</icon1>
	<function type="normal">
		<instruction>&quot;C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe&quot; /CMD Copy FILE &quot;{filepath$}&quot; MAKELINK=shortcut TO /Recent</instruction>
	</function>
	<button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none">
		<label>Files</label>
		<tip>RecentX Files</tip>
		<icon1>#RecentXSmall:Files</icon1>
		<function type="normal">
			<instruction>&quot;PATH_HERE\RecentXFiles.ahk&quot;</instruction>
		</function>
	</button>
		<label>Folders</label>
		<tip>RecentX Folders</tip>
		<icon1>#RecentXSmall:Folders</icon1>
		<function type="normal">
			<instruction>&quot;PATH_HERE\RecentXFolders.ahk&quot;</instruction>
		</function>
	</button>
		<label>Programs</label>
		<tip>RecentX Programs</tip>
		<icon1>#RecentXSmall:Programs</icon1>
		<function type="normal">
			<instruction>&quot;PATH_HERE\RecentXPrograms.ahk&quot;</instruction>
		</function>
	</button>
		<label>WebSites</label>
		<tip>RecentX Websites</tip>
		<icon1>#RecentXSmall:Websites</icon1>
		<function type="normal">
			<instruction>&quot;PATH_HERE\RecentXWebSites.ahk&quot;</instruction>
		</function>
	</button>
</button>

INSTALL
1. Extract RecentX2.0.zip
2. Copy RecentXSmall.dis to /dopusdata/icons
3. I have provided both source and compiled exe for those who wish not to have autohotkey installed.
Copy & paste the full path of each ahk or exe to their corresponding button.

Download:
RecentX2.0.zip (2.19 MB)

You've lost me. I watched it.

Looks more like instructions on how to install something. Unlike the many fine tutorials that set out to teach me how to use various Opus features.

Tutorial on how to do what?

Something to do with "recent", which looks interesting.

But, as someone else found recently when posting enigmatic button code, it helps to explain what it is for.

Normally you would want this command here Settings>Filetypes>All files and Folder>events>Left Double Click

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /CMD Copy FILE "{filepath$}" MAKELINK=shortcut TO /Recent
Go

(Seamlessly add files and folders to RecentX) without Add selected file to RecentX button.
If you were to double click a file it would show up in "RecentX". However, I found that it takes significantly longer to open up text files this way. I think it is better to have a button (Add selected file to RecentX) instead.

Updated

All looks perfectly clear to me. Thanks for the effort jhn431. Although, $30 for RecentX is steep given what it does.

I paid $17.95 for RecentX during a special.
At least once a year you'll see this program show up at a discounted price. Sign up for the daily notification.
http://www.bitsdujour.com

I have RecentX but had to shelve it. I could never get it to work well within DOpus, though this tute wasn’t available then - I was using instructions from Conceptworld. But the main problem I had was that RecentX wants to index recent files as soon as you start using them. IOW if I am copying or moving files from one folder to another RecentX would start indexing the new locations at the same time, using 35-40% CPU to do it. I tried to work with their support but it couldn't be fixed. Should be able to configure it to wait to index but it doesn’t have that capability.

(Now if I could find a way to stop Windows Search, Everything, and DropBox from trying to instantly index changes as they happen I can actually use my computer!)

Thanks!

Jim

This entry breaks double-clicking on RAR file contents when using the rar plugin in DO 10.

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /CMD Copy FILE "{filepath$}" MAKELINK=shortcut TO /Recent
Go

was the culprit. Crossposted in the Recentx discussion in tutorials--hopefully someone will have a fix. I'm going to leave it on since I can still open files from the context menu.

I made a feature request a while back to do the following:
Make an option in settings>advanced miscellaneous (automatically send file and folder shortcuts to /recent directory...)That way, many double-click options would not conflict.

Hopefully we'll see this in an update soon!