dMC Tags (32-bit only) Esoteric audio tags

Leo

Re [quote]Also, unlike my other plugins, this one is 32-bit-only unless a 64-bit version of dBpoweramp comes out[/quote]

I recently moved to 64 bit DOpus and really miss the dMC plugin. I've had a browse of the dbPoweramp forum and can't see any sign of Spoon moviong to 64 bit.

Is there any plans for a 32 bit to 64 bit shim to resurrect the dMC plugin for 64 bit users?

Cheers
Michael

So far you're the only person to ask for it. :slight_smile:

Which formats do you care about? I have an updated AutioTags plugin in the pipeline which will add support for M4A (AAC) files and some other things, without requiring dMC.

FWIW, I'm in the same boat. 64bit DOpus and 32bit dMC.

Same here.

Which formats do you care about? I have an updated AutioTags plugin in the pipeline which will add support for M4A (AAC) files and some other things, without requiring dMC.

For me it's the mostly the AAC.

I use flac, m4a and mp3. The inbuilt support for flac and mp3 is great and I look forward to m4a. Thanks.

The extended meta data and album cover that pop-ups when you hover a file is still there for mp3. It isn't for m4a or flac and I can't remember if was on the 32 bit dOpus. This feature is really useful when working in folders that contain mixed filetypes.

All of those things will be in the updated AudioTags plugin.

Looks like there won't be any need for a 64-bit dMC plugin.

Great. Thanks Leo.

Fantastic, Leo. Thanks!

I mostly use Apple Lossless format so I would appreciate the inclusion of ALAC in a future :opusicon: plugin.

ALAC will be included in the new plugin as well; code for that is already done.

(It's very similar to the other Apple formats, and something I use myself, or rather used before I banished/exorcised iTunes/Quicktime from every computer I own. :slight_smile: )

Thanks for the info Leo. I have been using Itunes for some time now as a music organiser but I would certainly consider changing if there is a better way. Do you use only :opusicon: or do you use other applications as well?

I just stopped updating the music on my iPod. :slight_smile: Apple seem to sabotage people's attempts to make things interop with their software/hardware so I never bothered with the alternatives (although there are some which may work great for all I know).

I don't use the iPod much these days but if I do want to update it I'll install iTunes in a virtual machine to protect my real one.

Aha! Told you iTunes was the :smiling_imp: D-E-V-I-L :smiling_imp:

Personally, I have absolutely no need or appreciation for the whole "sync" approach. I keep music on my computer for 'archival' purposes, and am maniacal about keeping my music properly organized by filename and folder. And except for 'new' stuff I download and/or rip from original cd (I'm still only on letter "F") and keep on laptop only long enough to decide if I like it or not, I don't listen to much of it on/from the pc.

When I "do" want to listen to tunes on the pc, I just use foobar. I know what I like, know what I don't and want total control over what goes where... I've happily been using CopyTrans Manager to do so for some time now. I think they goof up their code every once in awhile, and I've had to restore/re-initialize my iPod (with - gasp - iTunes) once or twice over the past few years in order to obliterate some songs that refused to delete and got "stuck" on my ipod; but all in all - it's lightweight, works well with the latest iPod software, and it's free.

dBpoweramp has been updated to 64-bit (since Release 15). Is there a way we can get a 64-bit plugin? That would be lovely, since I archive some of my music in TTA and WV (Wavepack) formats, which are unsupported by DOpus currently.

Also, the tag renaming support sounds lovely... :3 Not to mention, FLAC tag support seems to be flaky lately. On a lot of my albums, even though other tag editors pick up the tags (including Tag&Rename, TagScanner, and dBpoweramp), DOpus doesn't. I've even tried clearing the tags out with Tag&Rename and putting them back in. No dice. Tag&Rename is slower at loading the tags of said FLAC's though, so I'm wondering if they were improperly tagged at some point.

If there are FLACs that Opus's own tagging support doesn't handle properly, please tell us where we can find some to look at.

Sure thing. I know it's not exactly what you've asked, but I've selected some good and bad FLAC's from different albums in my collection. (Of course, I tried to get a lot of different styles if anything fits your fancy :b)

Bad FLAC's
Good FLAC's
[Thanks! Links removed after I got the files. --Leo]

Note: No single tracks in an album are missing tags in DOpus. Either the entire album is missing every tag, or it is not.

Please remove the links when you are done, or state in your next reply when you are done so that I can remove the links if permissions prevent you from doing so in this subforum.

Thanks! I've made the AudioTags FLAC tag reader cope with those files, and that change will be in the next update.

Whatever tagged them did something very stupid, which was to shove ID3 tags on the front of FLAC data, before even the "fLaC" signature bytes. That's against the FLAC specification, but some software will skip the ID3 tag and let things get away with it. I've updated our code to do that, even though the files are technically incorrect.

Wow... I wonder what program was used to do that.. I better do some research then. I know ID3 is bad for FLAC, myself, but I know not how to check for the ID3 headers.