IT Mode (Switch to File Explorer)

DESCRIPTION
The IT guys at my place of work don't like using Directory Opus and prefer to blame it for everything that goes wrong. I run this command to close down Directory Opus and start Windows Explorer. An awful thing to have to do.

INSTALLATION
While in customise mode, simply drag the DCF file to a toolbar.

@Confirm You are about to launch IT mode. Would you like to Continue?|Yes|No cd C:\ Explorer /e Close PROGRAM
IT Mode.dcf (498 Bytes)

NOTE
If you just want to open a File Explorer window for the current folder, without exiting Opus, then a command to do that is in the default toolbars, under the Tools menu.

Wow... what kinds of things do they blame it for? ... excessive productivity perhaps, causing you to show them all up :wink:

Maybe it's better for everyone if they stick to Explorer. Sharp tools do not belong into the hands of fools. o)

That said, I also have a button to open Explorer for the current tab/location.
It's handy to quickly test some things in the "standard" environment and for the case a non-DOpus individual comes along, not knowing what is in front of him and how to use. o) The button code is simple: %windir%\explorer.exe /e,{s!}

Well said :smiley:

[quote="tbone"]That said, I also have a button to open Explorer for the current tab/location.
It's handy to quickly test some things in the "standard" environment and for the case a non-DOpus individual comes along, not knowing what is in front of him and how to use. o) The button code is simple: %windir%\explorer.exe /e,{s!}[/quote]
I have a similar button for the same purpose but using the following code that Leo suggested:

cd C:\ Explorer /e, {sourcepath$}
I guess it works the same.

Generally whenever there's problem with anything, drivers, software not working, network issues, they always say "try it without Opus"....I always do but the it's never to blame, as we all know.

In my experience, IT departments are usually responsible for most things that go wrong with corporate computers. They have an obsession with loading systems down with management tools, monitoring tools, anti-virus tools, etc, most of which do far more harm than good.

As a an IT vendor since CP/M days I couldn't agree with Jon more. I might just add "Fools with Tools" to my company owner speech. :smiley: