Irfanview

Some buttons to use IrfanView instead of Opus's build-in viewer and image converter.

In the commands below, replace D:\Dane\Programy\Grafika\viewery\InfranView\i_view32.exe with the path to irfanview on your system.

Normal show selected file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button display="both" effect="off">
	<guid>{7A977FC4-F6EE-4251-8FFA-1BA9C56555FE}</guid>
	<label>i_view32</label>
	<tip>i_view32</tip>
	<icon1>"D:\DANE\Programy\Grafika\Viewery\InfranView\i_view32.exe",0</icon1>
	<function type="normal">
		<instruction>"D:\Dane\Programy\Grafika\viewery\InfranView\i_view32.exe" "{f}"</instruction>
	</function>
</button>

Converting in background selected file to JPG format (you can change extension to gif/jp2 (or another else served by irfanview - remember - you maybe need plugin for this format installed in irfanview)):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
	<guid>{D4FD9A6D-5858-4179-9DF8-78AC6BDD2533}</guid>
	<label>-&gt;JPG</label>
	<tip>Convert to JPG</tip>
	<icon1>"D:\DANE\Programy\Grafika\Viewery\InfranView\i_view32.exe",7</icon1>
	<function type="normal">
		<instruction>"D:\DANE\Programy\Grafika\Viewery\InfranView\i_view32.exe" {filepath} /convert={filepath|ext=jpg}</instruction>
	</function>
</button>

Converting to JGP, like upper - but resize image to 50% width/height:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
	<guid>{D4FD9A6D-5858-4179-9DF8-78AC6BDD2533}</guid>
	<label>-&gt;JPG</label>
	<tip>Convert to JPG</tip>
	<icon1>"D:\DANE\Programy\Grafika\Viewery\InfranView\i_view32.exe",7</icon1>
	<function type="normal">
		<instruction>"D:\DANE\Programy\Grafika\Viewery\InfranView\i_view32.exe" {filepath} /convert={filepath|ext=jpg} /resize=(50p,50p) /aspectratio</instruction>
	</function>
</button>

Another examples? Use Irfanview docs - all is nominated here

Does IrfanView do a better conversion job than native Opus functions or something?

Irfanview are good command-line tool, you can smooth/sharp resize picture, create thumbs and more - just try, test and create new buttons :slight_smile:

If this is better? I think - yes. More filters / ways to convert with definied parameters.... But this is my opinion...

But you can just show, resize and convert images directly with Opus, no need for 3rd party app.

Try to convert to format like jp2....

Ah... true about 'other' formats, was just asking because all the particular examples you coded above can be done with Opus like reck mentioned.

Yes.... But why you no posted it for other users?
Plainly sarcasm.

Nope, no sarcasm here... plain or otherwise. Just explaining my reasoning for asking the question... very simply:

• I see buttons posted using a third party app doing something Opus can do built-in without third party app
  • I wonder "hmmm... has this person found that IrfanView does a better job than Opus in some cases"
  • This person points out that Opus doesn't support other formats... great reason to go to an external app
  • This person get's on my case for explaining myself...

Now that was ~slightly~ sarcastic :smiley:

And no need for me to post any buttons for other users... I ~think~ Nudel's Images toolbar has the basics for doing the same things using internal Opus functions.

Sorry you took "questions and comments" as sarcasm... unintentional.

I think I understand the primary thing LITWINCZUK was saying steje, as I used IrfanView for awhile and it does support a vast array of command line parameters. For general re-sizing and conversion Opus does fine with images but if you want to go far beyond that while seemingly staying within Opus, you could build IrfanView buttons that run in hide mode.

These days if I want to do more than basic re-sizing, I use the Photoshop but I can see the potential value of using IrfanView command line options.

It also seems like Irfan View is doing the conversion at better speed.