TV Episode XBMC Renamer

Note:

• This is not a Rename Preset; it is a Script Add-In which adds a new command that can be used to rename files (e.g. by using the command in a toolbar button or hotkey).

Since it involves renaming files, it's still in the Rename Presets area to help people find it when looking for ways to rename things.

Overview:

This script will rename selected files to the XBMC tv episodes format

e.g. Showname.SxxExx.Ext

The script takes the show name from the second parent folder, and the season number from the parent folder.

So all selected files below ...\Game of Thrones\season 3 will be renamed to:

Game of Thrones.S03Exx.ext where xx is the episode number and ext is the file extension

Episode number increment starting from 1 from the first file selected.

How to install:

1. Download XBMCRenamer.vbs.txt (1.41 KB)

2. Save it to the default Script AddIns folder.

(See How to use buttons and scripts from this forum, and the Script Add-Ins section, if you are not sure what to do.)

3. Create a new toolbar button and the the new internal command:

XBMCReNamer

(See How to use buttons and scripts from this forum, and the Raw Commands section, if you are not sure what to do.)

See Also:

I would change:

objCmd.RunCommand("@set var=" & myNumber & "") objCmd.RunCommand("Rename FILEINFO NUMBER 01 BY 1 TO {parent2}.S{$var}E[#].{ext}")

To:

objCmd.RunCommand("Rename FILEINFO NUMBER 01 BY 1 TO ""{parent2}.S" & myNumber & "E[#].{ext}""")

Thanks @leo

At first I had a button script with a dialog asking for the season number, so when I converted it to vbscript I just changed it all to a way Dopus can understand it.

Now that you point it out, I should not have missed it. :confused: