Error 1450

When copying nonsystem files I sometimes get the message: An error occurred copying '': Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. (1450) Retry Skip Skip All Abort". 'Retry' always works, although the message may occur again further along during the same copy.
Is this a Windows message or a DOpus message?
(Windows XP Pro SP3, DOpus 10.0.1.0.4185.x86)

[quote="norman"]When copying nonsystem files I sometimes get the message: An error occurred copying '': Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. (1450) Retry Skip Skip All Abort". 'Retry' always works, although the message may occur again further along during the same copy.
Is this a Windows message or a DOpus message?
(Windows XP Pro SP3, DOpus 10.0.1.0.4185.x86)[/quote]
It seems to be a windows message based on
the errorcode and the wording of the error.

These may be relevant:
[ul][li]Microsoft KB 913872: You receive error 1450 "ERROR_NO_SYSTEM_RESOURCES" when you try to create a very large file in Windows XP[/li]
[li]Microsoft KB 304101 is about the same issue (it talks about backup tools but I believe it is a general issue with file copying), and suggests some registry changes that may help.[/li][/ul]

While this looks like a Windows XP issue, it's possible it is something we added a workaround for in the 3 years since the version you're using came out. 10.0.1.0 is from June 2011 and there were 14 stable Opus 10 updates after it (not including the many more beta versions in between, or the Opus 11 updates), so it may be worth updating to 10.5.7.0 from April 2014. It may not solve this particular issue but it will fix others you may run into, and it's a free update.

Thank you both for your quick response. Yes, it probably is a Windows issue, as you say. I am familiar with the links you provided; unfortunately, they don't seem to be too relevant as they all pertain to the creation of very large files or to backups on servers whereas all I'm doing is copying nonsystem files from one disk to another.
I downloaded version 10.5.7 and will give it a try.
Thank you again.