Recycle Bin drive icon and functionality

I was wondering if it is possible to have a Recycle Bin drive icon that shows whether the Recycle Bin is empty or not and allows us to right click on it and empty the bin.

This is useful when we have many windows open all the time and can use Directory Opus to not just delete files but also empty the recycle bin and have an idea whether there is something in the recycle bin or not without having to clear our desktop of open windows to see the recycle bin.

+1 for the icon changing to show if empty or not.

I have a three button created so Left-clicking opens the recycle bin in a new tab:

Go /trash NEWTAB

Right-click empty's recycle bin:

Delete EMPTYRECYCLE FORCE QUIET

Would be nice to have the icon changing though. Currently, I just randomly right-click my button to make sure it's empty.

Oh, BTW lstatie, they'll count your request more seriously if you link your account :slight_smile:

+1
would love to have recycle bin button in a toolbar with status showing, as I don't use tree-view (and anyways, recycle bin icon in tree-view is so small, that its impossible to see).

+1

I also don't use tree-view

I know this doesn't address some of the other issues about an icon changing color and so on, but regarding clearing the desktop, I have the recycle bin showing in Computer in Opus and can empty it from there.

I just came across the following file which I'd forgotten about. It may be why I see the Recycle Bin in Computer.
AddRecycleBinToMyComputer.zip (788 Bytes)

Recycle Bin drive icon and functionality available here.

The button

• shows the status of the recycle bin in real time
  • Goes to the recycle bin on left click
  • Empties the recycle bin on right-click (and optionally plays sound file)

[url]Recycle Bin Button With Status]