Button for rename 1 specific file

Hello,

I'm struggling (staring for 2 hours allready to the advanced button setup window) with creating a button for renaming only 1 SPECIFIC FILE and i have no clue how to start with it. :confused:

I use Photoshop and need to rename very regular the "locale" file , for using Engish or Dutch version (localized actions in Photoshop doesnt work in English version and vice versa).
I need to rename the file tw10428.dat into tw10428.dak (or something similar) in the locale folder from Photoshop.

Some help would be really appreciated.
Thanks

You could use something like

Rename *.dat to *.dak

in your button, in the most simple version.

If you want a button you can push to always rename a specific file to a specific name, using the Rename dialog will mean a lot of extra clicks.

Instead, create a button or hotkey which runs a command like this:

Rename FROM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Locales\en_GB\Support Files\tw10428.dat" TO "tw10428.dak"

(You'll need to change the path as appropriate to your machine, of course.)

Both worked for me , thanks a lot for the help . One more question in addition.........
I would love to make a 2 choice button from it (one should start english version and the other should start the dutch version) , but i do get sometimes error message "file doesnt exist" if it is allready renamed. Is there a way i can avoid this message, and in case it is allready the prefered language it just starts the program?

the code i got so far :

Rename FROM "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Locales\nl_NL\Support Files\tw10428.dat" TO "tw10428.dak" @async:"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe" %1

Two choice button: What would the other choice do? Rename back from .dak to .dat, or something else?

Indeed Leo. That was what i had in mind. So it gives me the opportunity to run the localized version that i need that moment.