Make a Lister gain focus when pressing a Folder hotkey?

I would like to have a Lister always gain focus whenever I press a hotkey combination which I have assigned to open a Lister in a specific folder. For example, if I press CTRL + M, it opens a Lister in my F:\Movies folder, if:

• I already have a Lister open which is on the screen (currently has focus)
  • I don't have any Listers open (but DOpus is running in the background - icon is in the tray)

If either of the above are true, pressing a hotkey combination shows a Lister. But, if I have a Lister open, but it is covered by another window (like a Firefox browser window), I can press a hotkey combination to go to a different folder, but I have to then click on the Opus icon in the Taskbar to see the Lister window. Is there a way to make a Lister force itself to gain focus so I don't have to click on the taskbar icon? Thanks.

What's the command you're using for the hotkey at the moment?

I have many hotkey combinations for many folders. For example:

CTRL + M opens a Lister in the F:\Movies folder
CTRL + F6 opens a Lister in C:\Directory Opus
CTRL + SHIFT + D opens a Lister in D:\Downloads (I have many more)

I would like it so any time I press any of my custom hotkey combinations, a Lister will grab focus and become the topmost window. Currently, a Lister does appear as the topmost window (with focus) if:

1. ... a Lister is already open and is currently the topmost window (with focus), or
  2. ... there are no currently open Listers (but DOpus is running in the background).

Thank you.

What are the actual commands? Those are descriptions of what they do.

It may not end up making a difference but I just want to make sure I'm on the same page before suggesting how to change the commands to behave differently.

I apologize for the confusion, Leo. Here's what I'm trying to say:

• All of my hotkeys were created using the Command Editor, so there are no actual "commands" that I know of.
    They are all set as "System-wide" hotkeys, btw.

• Whenever I create a hotkey, I type in a Name, press the keys I want to use as the hotkey (usually my
    hotkeys require multiple keys to be pressed, not just one, like F8, for example).

• I then type in the full path name of a folder in the bottom edit field that I want to be shown in a Lister
    when I press that hotkey.

If I have some program's window currently open (like a Firefox browser window), I would like to be able to press any of my Directory Opus hotkeys, then have Directory Opus immediately "steal" the focus from the currently viewed widow so it becomes the current, topmost, active window. If there are no Listers currently open, I can press a hotkey; a Lister then opens displaying the contents of the folder assigned to the hotkey I just pressed. If there is a Lister currently open, but it is in the background (buried under another window), pressing a hotkey makes that Lister go to the new folder, but the Lister does not become visible unless I click on the icon in the Taskbar. I would like to be able to press any hotkey and have a Lister gain focus, with it becoming the active window, without having to click on the Taskbar icon.

I have attached a picture of what a Command Editor entry looks like. In this case, it is for my CTRL + F6 hotkey, which opens a Lister in the C:\Directory Opus folder.

Are you aware of the GO command and its options?

This one opens a new lister if there's none yet for the given path:

Go "C:\Program Files" NEW EXISTINGLISTER

This brings the previous Lister to the front, or opens a new one if no Lister is open.

Go LASTACTIVELISTER NEW

Thank you, tbone, for the help. Using GO "C:<folder name>" EXISTINGLISTER is doing what I'm wanting.