Removing a Script Event

I added an OpenLister event to add the Opus version and user/domain information to lister title bars. I subsequently completely removed the script from Script AddIns but even after a complete reboot new lister title bars are still being modified. Preferences / Display / Options looks like this..

The title bar looks like this..

How do I get the configuration to completely forget about the phantom event?

Regards, AB

Custom titles are saved in Lister layouts, you would need to clear it out manually and then re-save the layout.

Hmm. That's a surprise. Intuitively I expected to be able to simply disable the event script in order to revert to whatever is specified in Preferences / Display / Options. From experimentation it seems that the manual intervention required (after disabling the event script) involves closing all listers then renaming or deleting..

/dopusdata\Layouts\System\default.oll
/dopuslocaldata\State Data\openlisters.oll

..and restarting. This can be done with a button. N.B. This will delete the two .oll files although they can be recovered from the recycle bin. Always best to take a configuration backup beforehand.

@nofilenamequoting @confirm Have you disabled the Lister Title event script? @confirm Reset default layout and restart Directory Opus? Close ALLLISTERS Delete "/dopuslocaldata\State Data\openlisters.oll" QUIET RECYCLE Delete "/dopusdata\Layouts\System\default.oll" QUIET RECYCLE DopusRT /restart
Regards, AB

The script you were using uses events to trigger Set ListerTitle commands.

Custom lister titles are stored in layouts.

If you disable the script/events, it means the titles will stop being changed, but the titles already set will still be saved in the layouts and will still be there when you loaf the layouts.

To remove the unwanted titles, you need to load the layouts, then run Set ListerTitle manually to reset the titles to default, e.g. via a button or the > command input field, and then re-save the layouts with the titles removed.

OK. Got it (I think). To reset the default layout title I can simply..

@confirm Have you disabled the Lister Title event script? Close ALLLISTERS Go NEW Set LISTERTITLE
Regards, AB

If you have the default lister set to auto-save then that is one way to do it, yep.

You probably also want to close the window at the end so the change is saved, since otherwise any extra windows you open would still be using the old default lister.