Win 10: Right-click Start > File Explorer

Sometimes I still need Explorer and in Win-10-Preview (RTM-Build) I was able to start it from startmenu-context (right-click on startbutton). Since fresh install of final version it opens DO (on all my devices). Is that a Windows-issue?

BTW starting Explorer within new startmenu (on bottom-left; if activated) works, but when using fullscreen-menu you need some more clicks than using startmenu-context.

Confirmed. We'll see if we can avoid intercepting that menu item, without breaking Explorer Replacement in general.

Thanks Leo.

I find myself always starting the vanilla explorer by double clicking the recycle bin icon on my desktop.
Replace explorer settings are set to RECOMMENDED (all filesystem folders).
The only inconvenience is that you start "inside" the recycle bin.
This method still works on windows 10.

Start > File Explorer is the easiest way for most people (or the Explorer icon pinned to the taskbar, even easier, but I expect most of us remove that).

I just tried and can confirm that right-clicking Start and selecting File Explorer opens the normal explorer with root set to This PC.
Might be a positive side-effect from the windows upgrade tho. Did not reinstall 11.15 or touch its settings since the upgrade.

@Leo: If you use full-screen startmenu, you need to click on top-left-icon first to display that menu. In this case right-click on startbutton is faster.

@apocalypse: Didn't work here after upgrade, too. As you need to upgrade first before it's possible to activate Win 10 when doing a fresh install, I upgraded my 4 devices first - but always same result.

On Windows 7, if I right click the start button, then click Open Windows Explorer, I get Opus. It doesn't concern me, but it sounds inconsistent with what is being discussed here. My interpretation of what is being discussed here is that this behavior occurs only after installing Windows 10 RTM.

Windows 7 is irrelevant here. The thread is specific to something in Windows 10.

We should have a workaround for this in the next update, unless it turns out to cause other problems during further testing.