Open cmd prompt in folder %cd%

Hi all.

Pretty new to this Dopus so I am in need of a bit of assistance.

I have a shortcut created to open a command prompt in its current folder.
See screenshot.

Dopus puts me in the windows\system32 folder by default.

How can I get it to use the "Start in:" section in the Command Prompt Properties?

Thanks

Tools > Command Prompt Here will open a command prompt in the current folder.

Does that do what you need? If not can you explain a bit more about what you're trying to do and why you want to use a shortcut to do it?

1 Like

Yes, that is the method I have resort to using.

I have many folders with scripts that I deploy for various reasons.
I've created that cmd shortcut so that I can quickly open a cmd prompt, starting in that folder, and run what needs to be ran.

They don't have dopus and it's just a habit of me to open a cmd prompt using my shortcut.

I realize that this might be more of a feature request and am looking for a way to be able to use my shortcuts.

Thanks.

Paste this into a new text file:

Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") folderPath = fso.GetParentFolderName(WScript.ScriptFullName) shell.run """%windir%\system32\cmd.exe"" /K CD /D """ & folderPath & """", 1, False

Call the text file Command Prompt.vbs or similar. (Only the .vbs extension is important.)

You can then double-click that and it will open a command prompt in the directory the script is in, no matter what the current directory is.

That will work from both Explorer and Opus.

Thanks Leo.
I appreciate the time for this.

I did just discover that you can shift-rtclk and choose "Open command window here" in Win Explorer
or just rtclk in dopus for similar.