DO12 - Option to click folder icon in location bar to go to My Computer?

Hi,

I had a search in the options dialog, but couldn't find what I was after - is there an option to click the folder icon at the start of the location bar to be able to go to My Computer?

In the absence of that, I have put a button to the left of the folder icon to do the same thing. Trouble is, when I go to click the other icons, my muscle memory is telling me that the icon I want to click is one position over from where it is now located, thanks to the presence of the new button. Thus I would like to remove the button and just be able to click the folder icon to take me to My Computer instead.

Thanks.

Clicking the icon for the current folder puts the location field into edit mode, which is useful if the path is wide enough to fill the field and leave no empty space on the right to do the same.

There isn't an option to make clicking the current folder icon take you to Computer.

If you click the > right next to it, Computer is the 3rd option from the top. The menu also lists the drives themselves, which may remove the need for going to the Computer folder, depending on what you want.

For a top-level button, adding it somewhere on that or any other toolbar is probably the best option.

Personally, I did something similar to you and added a button to go to my Desktop folder to the left of the location field. But, I also moved the favorites menu into that button's right-click menu, and added a drive list as well:

That was more about saving space than muscle-memory, but it solves both.

Interesting, I never thought of combining the buttons - that may work. Can you do it this way? Leave the favourites button as is, and just add a right click option to it to go to My Computer? I went into customise mode, and thought a three button may do it - for some reason, the button I added to the toolbar has the three button option, but the favourites button has that greyed out.

Buttons can have right-click menus, but menus cannot have right-click buttons. That's why the option isn't there.

Ok, thanks. I will have to re-think the way I navigate - I tried to create a new button, with favourites on left click, and my computer on right click. Right click works, left click doesn't, so looks like you can only have favourites on a menu, which from what you said, is left click only.

That or a Computer button where the right-click opens the Favourites menu.