Queued Copy AS operations between lister windows

This problem remains in v12, but I first hit it in v11...

Since making more use of dual monitors, this problem has become easy to bump into:

1. Have a lister opened in each of two monitors (I imagine it'll happen with 2 listers one monitor as well, just didn't test it)
  2. Drag a fairly large file from lister 1 to lister 2
  3. Do a Copy AS of another file from lister 1 to lister 2... give the second file a modified name in the Copy AS dialog. It should be auto-queued, say OK to the queue prompt

...after the first file finishes copying, Opus prompts again for the new name for the second file.

If you do the same thing in a single dual-display lister Opus remembers the new name for the second file from the COpy AS dialog... no second dialog appears.

I can't reproduce this so far.

Were you using the same files and names/patterns in both cases, seeing different results?

Hmmm. So I tested some more, using what I figured you would have tested with - and it works as expected using the Copy Files button on the default toolbar.

The problem only seems to happen with Drag and Drop based copy operations.

[ol][li]I open two listers, one pointing to D: the second pointing to E:[/li]
[li]I show them side by side on the same monitor[/li]
[li]I drag a ~2gb file using standard drag-and-drop from D: to E: (defined in my config to run 'copy movewhensame')[/li]
[li]While that is still copying, I right click and drag the same file to the same target folder and use a drop menu action that runs 'copy as'[/li]
[li]I rename the second file copy by adding the number 2 at the end of the filename in the Copy As dialog (expected)[/li][/ol]
After the first file copy finishes, I get the second Copy As dialog (unexpected).

I know you're probably pre-occupied with issues unique to v12 - but were you able to repro with the added detail about the problem being specific to Drop Menu actions rather than toolbar command related?

I run into it all the time - now that I am using dual monitors.

Haven't had a chance to try it again yet, but it's still in the list of issues we're working through.

Should be fixed in the next beta.

Perfect, thanks for that.

Hi guys, I saw this after your post (jon), for the Beta 14 release:

...but I don't think I ever saw that it was in fact resolved (I was really lame on this round of betas). It's happening either STILL or AGAIN on 12.2.6. If you'd like - I can try un-installing 12.2.6 and installing that old beta if it'll help you determine if there was a regression or not. Let me know if you'd like me to do that please.

Well we definitely fixed something in the previous beta :slight_smile: But you're right, this still happens if the Copy As is initiated via drag & drop. We'll definitely (maybe) fix this for the next update!

Lol... Well, I'm really distressed by this inconclusive answer Jon - WTH! I think you need to move everything to BugZilla, or maybe even social media. Then I can see how often your bathroom breaks and personal time with Mrs. Opus are getting in the way of this issue being fixed.

You know what. Never mind, just forget it. I'm switching back to XTree Gold.....

:smiley:

Those were the days. No drag & drop issues back then! (No drag & drop at all back then.)

YES! Another Xtree user :slight_smile:...

Don't worry though - I'm far too attached to my beloved drag & drop to ever go back for real - lol. Downside is I'd still really like Copy AS between listers to work now that I have 2 monitors for awhile.

But wait... how about an Opus character-mode version?

lol

I think we have enough characters already.

haaaaa

Some are only capable of 8 bits.

XTREE user checking in... that's what this thread is for now right

Ok this is getting kind of off-topic now :slight_smile:

Thanks jon, working well now in a couple of quick tests.