ImageMagick... Other command line image editors

Hi there... Just wondering... I have written several scripts using imagemagick to run through opus. It has been a pain in the ass due to the amount of ways you can do things and legacy code examples etc. They work but just wondering is there an alternative...? Something simpler to do all basic adjustments..? Looked at irfanview command line not bad. Is there an in-between product that is quicker to learn? Little more advanced than irfanview...
Thanks Alan

It probably depends what it is you want to do to your images. Opus has a built-in image conversion function that can do simple things like rotate and resize.

Thanks, I have been using DO for all the capabilities it has and that 's the point, I can set up a script in Opus do do something in 5min, if it's ImageMagick, it's usually a day's reading and surfing the net to achieve the same thing. I was just wondering what users out there are using but it seems to be ImageMagick usually.

Did find out that FFmpeg is a useful image manipulation command line program though (as opposed to just using it for video).