Rename as above file

We'll add this in the next update.

Is this because you did something to that other request "option to disable ctrl + up/down in inline rename"?

No.

Just thougt I got a clue on how you guys choose things to fix/add. o)
Your sudden replys to some threads from the past, telling that things got enhanced, made me wonder.
And.. I understood, will be silent now! o)

Hi! I'm a relatively new DO user here; I love the software!

I too would use 'rename as same' functionality. I often need to change subtitle SRT files to match their corresponding video names. Was this ever added to DO? This thread is the latest info I could find.

Thanks so much for your help!

Welcome to the forum!

Yes this was added a while back, to access it press Ctrl+Shift+Up or Ctrl+Shift+Down to copy the previous or next filename (hold the Alt key as well to copy the file extension too).

More information about inline rename features can be found here.

Thanks @jon, this works wonderful now. :slight_smile:

It is not fully working for me. I only just discovered this thread and a few of the Inline Renaming features I never knew I had access to. From the manual you linked to Jon, all the features described there work for me (v11.19), except this one:
You can copy the name from the previous file by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Up or from the next file by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Down.
Oddly, it DOES work with the ALT held held down (hold the Alt key down as well to also copy the extension), just not Ctrl+Shift+Down (or Up).
Do I have some other hotkey set to over-ride this?? I checked Settings -> Customize... -> Keys It does not show any hotkys or toolbars assigned to these two specific functions. So I don't get it.

Have you entered inline rename before trying this combination?

If you mean by F2, then yes for sure. The other features work.

Wouldn't know, then. I got similar problems with hotkeys not working properly due to my laziness to review the configuration after each Opus major update. I got it all fresh now with Opus 12. :slight_smile: You may review if this case through Keys mapping list - you've got problems with all red-marked items, and with this combination mapped to something else. (Help --> Keyboard map or Customize --> Keys)

thanks RRR, but there are no conflicts in the hotkeys I can find in Customize. Everything works except the two scenarios I reported above. Still, it smells like a hotkey conflict to me...

I just tested on two other machines. It still does not work on my other Win7 machine with Opus11, but it DOES work on my Win10 machine with the same DOPUS version (I have 7 licenses). Obviously my local config is blocking this (or windows 7?). Except that all three are based on the same initial dopus settings. What else could be blocking this from working?

I believe there could be another app's global hotkey that is blocking that. Why don't you try with the default Opus config to be on the safe side? Of course do the backup so you could restore your beloved config after the test. :slight_smile:

If I recall correctly, some display drivers use CTRL+SHIFT+Up/Down/Left/Right as a way to rotate the screen (in case you want a screen to be portrait instead of the usual landscape, for example). It's possible that some other software is capturing those shortcuts before DOpus.

I have to disable that feature for my wife in her display driver settings. Twice, I get a "Help!?!?!" text from her with a picture while I was at work because she'd rotated her screen and didn't know how she did it.

Good luck!

(It's just like Stardock's Fences program which captures desktop double-click, preventing you from opening a lister by double-click the desktop. Another thing I had to disable in my wife's system. Notice how my wife is always preferring DOpus shortcuts over that of other programs. I love my wife! :slight_smile:)

Thanks DesertDwarf and Rater RR. You were both correct. The problem was another app using those two keys (a music play, volume up/down). I disabled them and DOPUS control was restored!

Thanks!!

Glad you sorted it out. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to change hotkey for rename as above / as below? I tried to look through keyboard mapping but couldn't find it...

The problem is that [CTRL]+[SHIFT] toggles keyboards for left-to-right / right-to-left input method if you use such configuration, i.e. you may have both English and Hebrew keyboards configured to use.

What would you change it to? There aren't that many qualifier keys to pick from.

Don't know exactly, I wish it could be configurable. Excel and Access use [CTRL]+['] for rename as above, for example. It might not be the best combination for Opus, though.

Problem is that [CTRL]+[SHIFT] is interfering with Opus on system level as it is primarily used for user keyboard editing purposes, so you should avoid that modifier whenever the program is in this mode. You might not notice it, as you are probably using only English variant keyboard, but try to install Hebrew for example and you will see how the problems arise. It seems to me there is the same problem in Rename dialog - I felt some odd behavior but as I was in a hurry I haven't really investigated more about it.

On the other hand, Windows can use some other sequence, but I'm not sure if Opus should take care of that or let the user reconfigure Windows settings. It seems to me that it'd better for Opus to do it considering multi-program environment. I'm not sure, though. So - it might be really the best solution to make it configurable...