Viewer(full) open file in external viewer-zoom selected area

The Dopus stand-alone viewer is great. I'm seriously missing two things though, which I think is going to make this a feature request (unless I've missed somethings - done a search here & in pdf manual & in help)

In order of importance:-

1. option to open current image in stand-alone viewer in an external editor
  2. option to zoom into selected area of an image

Re (1) I've tried making my 'open in photoshop' shortcut a universal hotkey but it doesnt work (it opens the first file which was opened in the viewer - i.e. it doesnt recognise what's currently in the viewer)

Re (2) I know one can zoom in DOpus Viewer:
~ With large images (@ the 'fit to page' setting), the initial zoom is very high & always goes to the top-left corner of the image. Panning the image is really well done though (fast).
~ What I would be requesting is to be able to zoom into a selected area of the image e.g via Ctrl+click-&-drag-mouse to select area, or that I could zoom e.g. via Ctrl+Mouse-Wheel and the image would zoom with the cursor location as the centre of the zoomed area.

I can give the request to gpsoft but wanted to get some feedback & make sure I havent missed anything :open_mouth: :wink: :slight_smile:

They both seem like reasonable requests.

For 1 you might find it useful that you can drag the viewer's window icon (top left of the titlebar) into Photoshop (and anything that accepts files via drag & drop). Dragging the icon is like dragging the file.

[quote="leo"]They both seem like reasonable requests.

For 1 you might find it useful that you can drag the viewer's window icon (top left of the titlebar) into Photoshop (and anything that accepts files via drag & drop). Dragging the icon is like dragging the file.[/quote]
thanks for that tip Leo!
I went & made official request & gave link to here also.

I work a lot with images: scans, photos, 'drawings', & have struggled over the years with setting different viewers to default. You really need a viewer integrated with file manager. Of the big file managers (that I know) Dopus is the only one with a decent viewer. For anyone who does any kind of work with images (in any form) this would make it very effective.

More Standalone Viewer requests (in order of importance):

~ The ability to copy the filepath via the context menu
~ Customisable shortcuts for the Viewer

I have these buttons on my right click menu which are easily enough to configure:

This is the code:

Yes but Tomo wanted to copy the file path from the standalone viewer not the lister.

Oops, my bad. I'll read the message more carefully in future :slight_smile:

thanks guys,
I'll send it in as official request