Peazip Contectual Menu

I am having trouble getting the Peazip contextual menu to show up in DO. It works fine in explorer, but when I right click on an archive, or any other file in DO, the Peazip menu isn't there. This is the first app I have had this problem with.....every other app I have tried that has a contextual menu has worked fine. So,I would appreciate any help on getting it to show up in DO.

Thanks a lot.

Does it appear if you hold shift when you right-click the file?

This is from:
sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de ... tid=887372

PeaZip uses the new model of Windows Explorer's cascaded submenus
introduced by Microsoft in Windows 7, see for reference
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc144171(VS.85).aspx#static_cascading

Nope it doesn't show with shift-click. It's really weird, cause every other app I have installed show correctly. I tried fiddling in the file preference in DO, but don't know much about that are so I didn't really test anything very useful.

I suppose it's possible Opus might not support this new method of Windows context menu handling (which - really, is just a more cumbersome version of how Opus allows context menu modification - but I guess it's mainly intended for app developers). GPsoft will have to weigh in on that...

It could just as easily be something that's supposed to work "already" but for some reason is "not" working in just this particular case - but I don't have a guess what would be causing it (other than what Leo asked about) seeing as how it's unlikely to be any of the "recent" issues having to do with 32bit/64bit conflicts and such... even if you're running a 64bit OS.

At any rate - the upshot is that PeaZip just adds very simple "command line" calls into the registry to it's executable in order to do any of the things that it does with Context Menu actions (f.ex. "C:\Program Files\PeaZip\PEAZIP.EXE" "-add2multizip" "%1") as opposed to using a shell extension || context menu handler || dll. So, it'd be pretty easy to "recreate" them as Opus specific context menu entries as well - until GPsoft can comment. Shout if you're interested and need help.

Kudo's to Microsoft by the way - for finally implementing what seems to be a very "easy" way of modifying the context menu structure. Unfortunately, by remaining "backward" compatible for the sake of supporting older apps - this just means we've got yet ANOTHER place to look when things aren't working exactly as expected.

Well, the good thing is that at least it shows in the "Send to...." menu so it's available if a little sloppy. Thanks for the help and I hope something can fix it down the road.

We will add support for this style of context menus in Opus 10.

Hello I'm resurrecting this old thread as I have just installed the latest version of peazip 5.2x64 on my win7 x64 but the
context menu is failing to appear properly on dopus 10.5.3.0 (5016) x64.

drag and drop, from peazip, does not work with dopus either.

It works fine in explorer

I do not see any new complaints in the forums so I expect it may be something to do with my config?
Regards

Seems OK from a quick look.

Make sure Preferences / Miscellaneous / Windows Integration / Hide Windows items on file context menus (shift overrides) is turned off (or try holding down shift when you right-click, as per earlier in the thread).

Thanks I had tried pressing shift. And i checked the setting you mention which was off.

In the image I have posted below, my peazip appears in this subfolder and it looks like yours, with the "add to archive," but it does not do anything when clicked. you can also see explorers context menu on the right
with the commands that should be shown.

also in the next image it shows 2 entries for peazip when i right click a recognised format.

[imageshack link broken]
[imageshack link broken]

Is that Folder Options sub-menu (with the folder labels etc.) something you've customized yourself in the File Types editor? If so, can you show us how it's defined?

Strange thing that "folder options"
I must have set it up a few years ago, a late night with some wine probably - my experimental mode.

As you can see in the definition in the image below its setup in "All Folders" the thing is foobar does not show in the submenu and I have no idea
how peazip got in there either as i have just installed peazip yesterday for the first time.
I checked the other file types and no other types have entries, well except "All Files" which has one action in it.
I tried deleting the peazip entry and running the peazip integration setup again but it reappears in that submenu.

[imageshack link broken]

Other things seem fairly screwed up in that screenshot of the context menu definitions though...

1. You've got all those things stuffed underneath the 'Folder Options sub-menu - and yet, some of them are appearing in your actual context menu popup screenshot at the top level of the context menu (the foobar entries). Maybe the foobar entries at the top level in the menu popup screenshot is coming directly from foobar, and not the definition you have under your 'Folder Options' sub-menu or something?
  2. While you do indeed see a Peazip menu in your menu popup screenshot under your Folder Options sub-menu - I don't see why you even see that much... you've got it in your context menu definitions, so I don't understand why it would even show you anything at all there in the actual menu popup.

...I'd say you probably want to cleanup your definitions... overall.

That said, I just installed Peazip 5.20 as well. Context Menu worked fine like with Leo. I then moved that weird Peazip entry that also got created on my system under a new 'Folder Options' sub-menu myself - and it immediately stopped working. I can't fix it by moving the item back (in fact, it disappeared after I added it under the sub-menu // wasn't there when I went back to re-edit the menu.

Note: by re-running PeaZip install, and selecting to reset the configuration... I got the PeaZip context menu definition back at the top level of the menu. However... it also doesn't seem to work. Selecting the one 'Add to Archive' menu item doesn't appear to do anything. But it's also not clear to me if PeaZip is sending an archive to some pre-configured destination folder. The Settings interface isn't very clear in this regard...

Somethings rotten with the integration here it seems. I don't really understand why this entry in Opus actually works in linking to PeaZip's new style context menu entry under HKCR*. Weird...

[quote="steje"]Other things seem fairly screwed up in that screenshot of the context menu definitions though...

1. You've got all those things stuffed underneath the 'Folder Options sub-menu - and yet, some of them are appearing in your actual context menu popup screenshot at the top level of the context menu (the foobar entries). Maybe the foobar entries at the top level in the menu popup screenshot is coming directly from foobar, and not the definition you have under your 'Folder Options' sub-menu or something?
    [/quote]
    Yes it is a bit strange but I'm not even putting these items in there! At first I am sure I had just the folder colour list and cmd prompt. but now when i run installs of various apps they add themselves automatically to this menu.
    for instance:
    since i noticed peazip not working I decide to reset my config to check if this was causing the problems. So i backup my config - i then reset my config to defaults, exit dopus completely. When start up again I realise the folder options
    menu is still there so I delete this also from the filetypes-> AllFolders menu. I fully exit dopus. after this all the items that were in this folder menu disappear except for the foobar entries. I install peazip again. it now appears in the main menu but does not work,as before.
    I think, well its not working, so i restore my config from backup and behold all the entries have disappeared from the folder option menu except the folder colours and now peazip is back in there. I install video lan client again ( well , update to the latest) and add other stuff manually - or install the apps again to make things easier - to get the entries back. ( i thought all that would be backed up? it does say replace config completely )
    all the apps I install put their entries under folder options, except foobar and, now I have noticed, a few others. but i'm not too bothered about ultra defrag.

Yes this is what I had tried to do, I don't have that many definitions but I deleted them to check.

[quote="steje"]2. While you do indeed see a Peazip menu in your menu popup screenshot under your Folder Options sub-menu - I don't see why you even see that much... you've got it in your context menu definitions, so I don't understand why it would even show you anything at all there in the actual menu popup.
That said, I just installed Peazip 5.20 as well. Context Menu worked fine like with Leo. I then moved that weird Peazip entry that also got created on my system under a new 'Folder Options' sub-menu myself - and it immediately stopped working. I can't fix it by moving the item back (in fact, it disappeared after I added it under the sub-menu // wasn't there when I went back to re-edit the menu.[/quote]
Well as I have already said I did not add it the peazip entry and, as you say, it show "not defined" but it definitely runs When I click it, peazip shows in taskman but with no command line arguments!

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at peazip as well, it seems to confirm some of the issues I am experiencing and proves my sanity, slightly. :wink:

As an update:
I was checking through other File type definitions and noticed that "File Types" -> "System file types" contains;
"udefrag.W7menu" aka, ultradefrag,
and is showing its command line as "". this app does shows in windows explorer - as shown in images above.

Someone said that the win7 context menu system was a bit more intuitive, I would disagree. It is so much more convoluted time consuming and there are fewer apps willing to tackle the easy management of the context menus.

Why can I not edit my posts..
There was supposed to be a image attached to last post to show what i was referring too..
here it is..

[imageshack link broken]

Hello,

I really hate to be that guy that resurrects an old post buried years ago, but, yeah, I have an issue with Directory Opus (12.3, Light) and PeaZip (currently on newest version - 6.3).

The solutions I've found on the web are for Directory Opus 10, outdated (there is no option for Windows menu integration anymore, or at least there is no option for Light version).

Windows Explorer, how it should be:

Directory Opus 12.3:

As you can see there are two "PeaZip" menus, and both are showing "Extract..." only. Shift+Right click does not change anything. It also shows "Extract..." when (for example) uncompressed folder is selected.

If I disable Cascaded Menu in PeaZip System Integration config wizard:

it adds all options correctly.

We'll look into why some of the menu items are not appearing.

By the look of it, all of the things in the menu are also built into Opus as well, if you need an alternative.

The issue described by notthatsharpy still exists in 12.18.