Filter View using Named Filter

Maybe there is already an easy way of doing this that I have not come across, but it would be very convenient if there was a way of applying a VIEW filter by specifying a saved (named) filter in the Filter entry field. For example, instead of typing b[/b] I could type ,XDP where XDP is a saved filter and the comma acts as an escape character to indicate that what follows is a saved filter name.

Just a thought... AB

You can do something similar using the Select command, and could set up a button/hotkey which asks for a filter name (or individual ones for specific filters).

Hiding things via Select only does a one-off filter & hide, though; it wouldn't affect entries added to the folder later on.

Yes, I have considered creating a Select based button driven command to do this. However it just seems like such an obvious fit to combine existing saved filters with the convenience of typing a simple string into the view Filter box, and since comma is invalid in file/folder names it's a good candidate to act as a "what follows is the name of a saved filter" escape character.

I think I feel a feature request coming on..... :slight_smile:

Regards, AB

Pretty sure commas aren't invalid characters...

They only appear to be invalid when you try creating a folder named , with this option in play..... :blush:

Note to self.. must try harder! :slight_smile:

Regards, AB