From Everything, exploring in a new tab in existing Lister?

Hi! I've searched for a very long time now, here in the forum too, and did not find any solution:

In the search program Everything, when using the context menu item "Open path" or "Explore path" on a FILE in the Everything result list, how can I avoid to open a new DOpus Lister, but rather open a new tab in the existing DOpus Lister?

I have tried these entries in the Everything.ini file:

explore_folder_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe","%1")
explore_folder_path_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe","%1")
open_folder_path_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe","%1")

But unfortunately they always open a new Lister. How could this be avoided?

However, when double-clicking on a FOLDER in the Everything result list, it is always opened in a new tab in the existing Lister, which is what I want.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

I have never used Everything so I may have the syntax wrong, but try this:

explore_folder_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe","/acmd Go NEWTAB PATH %1")

If Everything doesn't automatically put quotes around the %1 path (I'm assuming %1 is the path) then you'll need to put the quotes in somehow.

Alternatively, there must be a way to make Everything just launch the folder the same as when double-clicking on it, maybe by removing those lines entirely. Since double-clicking on it already does what you want, you don't really want to override that default action with specific commands.

$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go NEWTAB PATH "%1")

Seems to work. Opus window does not activate though.

[quote="nema"]$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go NEWTAB PATH "%1")

Seems to work. Opus window does not activate though.[/quote]

Thank you very much! This works! Although one must keep in mind to FIRST terminate "Everything" from the tray area and THEN edit the Everything.ini file! (Editing the Everything.ini file while Everything running reverses all changes when Everything closes).

But shouldn't there be a DOpus commandline argument to bring the Lister to the front? Like: Dopusrt.exe /Uncle_Sam_needs_you!!

Copy&paste :slight_smile:

explore_folder_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go NEWTAB=tofront PATH "%1")
explore_folder_path_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go NEWTAB=tofront PATH "%1")
open_folder_path_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go NEWTAB=tofront PATH "%1")
open_file_command=$exec("%1")
open_folder_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /acmd Go NEWTAB=tofront PATH "%1")

Hi all,
Just curious: what is the intended use of "dopusrt.exe" as opposed to "dopus.exe"?
(In my everything.ini, I am using the line:
open_folder_path_command=$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopus.exe" "$parent(%1)")
In my case, I do want a new opus instance each time, and this line does seem to work well.
However, I was wondering whether I should be using dopusrt instead? (I searched the help for "dopusrt" but did not find any info)

gpsoft.com.au/help/opus10/de ... erence.htm