Rename dialog crash due to StickyPassword tool

Having a strange problem. Whenever I open advanced rename window or command editor, and then try to close these windows dopus crashes. doesn't matter if I hit OK, Cancel, Abort or the X in the corner of the window it still crashes. It's the kind of crash that doesn't give you an error everything just quits and the dopus icon remains on the system tray until you move the mouse over it.

Note: I am using beta version 10.2.0.8, and it also was happening in 10.2.0.7 possibly 6

I figured it could be something to do with my settings I tried several times resetting to factory defaults this is the results, a kind of randomness.

Attempt 1:
Reinstalled DOPUS (uninstalled first) then I tested the same windows to see if the crashes happened, they didn't. I then restored my configuration to see if the crashes would happen again, they didn't. Then I found out when dopus is restarted (including dopusrt.exe) the crashes returned.

This got me thinking that my settings are ok, but possible when dopus exits it changes a config file in a way that will cause the crash to happen when they are loaded again?

Attempt 2:
This time instead of uninstalling I just cleared the files/folders from /dopusdata
and got the same results as attempt 1

Attempt 3:
Cleared the files/folders from /dopusdata. This time the crashes happen with the factory settings

Is there anything I'm missing to reset to factory setting such as in the registry?

Anything you can recommend?

Guess I will downgrade to last non beta release otherwise.

Thanks

Are you running any tools which modify standard window behaviour, themes, layout/sizing, titebars, etc.?

yes I am its called windowspace, but I just tested for the crash w/o windowspace running and crash still occurs.

thanks

ahhhh turns out I have two of 'em! The other was causing the problem...
thanks for your quick reply!

is there anything that could be done on dopus end to prevent it from crashing?

What was the tool?

the tool was stickypasswords, turns out you can ignore application within its settings. so i can run both at the same time without the crashes

thanks again!

A quick search seems to show StickyPassword has caused crashes in a few different tools which suggests it is patching things in a risky way, and it is probably not the fault of the programs being patched.

Since it is a commercial tool, and assuming you have a support agreement with the vendor, I'd recommend reporting the problem to them so that they can fix whatever it is that causes the crash (which may affect more than just Opus).

I agree, I will let them know of the situation. Is it ok to put a link to this post in their forum?

I have used windows hooks to capture windows messages globally before with the mouse, it does have it limitations and problems to get it working correctly. it could also be something with that who knows..

ok to link here?

Sure, no problem. Tell them to contact us directly (info@gpsoft.com.au) if they need any technical information to help them track it down.